Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my girlfriend is trying to figure out what to get me for my birthday, trying to keep it under $300..I figured I might as well ask for something for the V....I already have hot bars, short shifter, magnaflow and a ghetto intake + Lastss locks, shifter and arm rest caps....I was thinking of asking for a volant but figured it to be a waste of money. What else could I do performance wise for under 300??? not much I assume....so any ideas would be helpful...this sucks, it's my birthday and I'm the one under pressure for what I want :bigroll: I told her I don't need anything else and she got pissed...so any suggestions would be helpful :highfive: I dunno maybe some V floormats or something?

is a diablosport tuner worth a damn? theres one for 280 on ebay...

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Re: I don't know what I want for my B-Day >$300

You could get some underdrive pullies and belt for less then $300.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
178 Posts

If you don't have the Diablo, get one. My car is now trapping 109.4MPH in the 1/4 and my only other mods are a K&N drop in filter and a thermostat.

The Diablo is a pretty slick unit. Its not a mind boggling change in power but mine definitly pulls harder now, escpcially after manually adding some more timing to it and dropping the temp settings for my fans to accomodate the 160* stat. My only complaint is that the rev limiters can only be bumped up to 6850RPM and I don't think it eliminates the speed limiter. Nice little unit all in all though

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts

Hawk brake pads? Kinda think you have those aready.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts

flywheel all the way, diablosports a waste from what Ive read/heard. Get a real tune, it costs about the same.

·
Registered
2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof
161 Posts

Carbon fiber License plate frame. www.realcarbonfiber.com ...the weight savings alone should save you .000032 seconds on the 1/4 mile :) . Plus I love the look of carbon fiber. Ordering one tomorrow for the STS.
Best part is that it's only 50 bucks so there may be room for another small giftie and still keep the total under 3 bills.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts

Best $300 mod is for the driver. Sign up for a HPDE.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Actually I have a membership, yet never got to go...not a bad idea at all actually.....thank you StealthV...I'll sign up tonight....I've been wanting to do that for a while anyways.

and I already have pedals..raptor shift light too.

as for the +5hp...I already got that taken care of with my sticker :D

but the seat cushions would be nice...cover up that ugly ass suede :p

and ya now that I think of it I can get a dyno tune for ~250. So diablosport would be a waste....

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts

Best $300 mod is for the driver. Sign up for a HPDE.
That is the best one yet. I was thinking lots of little things like jacking pucks, rhino ramps, Zaino, oil, ect... you always need maintainence stuff.

StealthV, What is turn around on a tune these days?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts

The more I think about it...$300 spent together on a nice romantic meal, tender conversation, remembering the past and dreaming of the future probably makes more sense than track time.

I suppose if your girlfriend wants to ride along she can, just don't let her get in between you and your V ;)

WW

·
Registered
2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof
161 Posts

The more I think about it...$300 spent together on a nice romantic meal, tender conversation, remembering the past and dreaming of the future probably makes more sense than track time.

I suppose if your girlfriend wants to ride along she can, just don't let her get in between you and your V ;)

WW
LOL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts