Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010 2.8 T

After reading here I decided to get the 2 year Total Plus package from GM !

----------

2010 2.8 T

After reading here I decided to get the 2 year Total Plus package from GM !

·
Registered
2018 XT5
590 Posts
Smart move. It's 5 years old already. One repair on a car now days can cost much more than the cost of the warranty.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
Welcome! What's the mileage? Run the vin for recalls. May want to have all the fluids flushed, never know how the prior owner took care of it....

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Welcome! What's the mileage? Run the vin for recalls. May want to have all the fluids flushed, never know how the prior owner took care of it....
Great idea!

Give me your VIN# and I will be glad to run your Build Sheet and Warranty history too if you like. :)

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was just under 60K thats why I was able to get the warranty extended.
It already had CPO but it expires in April.
I'll try and get the VIN as I don't pick it up till Wednesday.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX, 2010 SRX 2.8T Premium AWD
26 Posts
I took the plunge and everyone here is responsible!
You even forced me to take the extended warranty which I hate doing!
Congrats I cannot wait for mine to come in.. will show you pics of mine.. went with the turbo too? well we have lots to learn and catch up on! great looking vehicle!

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked her up today!
Got 30 minutes from the dealer and SERVICE Rear Axle light came on!
I couldn't stop laughing and my wife thought i was crazy.
3 hours later I left with the problem solved.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
2 Great Decisions, 1 Not so great.... Welcome again and congrats..

GREAT DECISIONS
1. You are a Member of one of the best Forums out there with a lot of great members and a wealth of information...
2. You purchased an Extended Warrantee !

NOT SO GREAT
1. 2010 SRX......

I Purchased a 2010 Premium AWD 3.0 72K from Florida.... Still Under CPO ( Thank Goodness!!! ) Under body / Exterior and Interior looked like it just came from the showroom..... Road Rash Severe on 2 Rims. Had 2 new rims and 4 new tires installed.

Then one by one they started..... " CHECK EVERYTHING" !!! Read this form thoroughly!!!
1. Radio Defaults to DC, cannot save favorites. Prior owner never had it repaired. ( Replaced under CPO after a long conversation with local dealer )
2. Front Right Strut / Bushings / Sway Bar bushing ( Replaced CPO slight knocking noise at low speeds when cold )
3. Air Conditioning door control module failed ( Replaced CPO )
4. Front Axle Seals Leaking a bit. ( Both replaced CPO ) 3 visits, redone twice
5. OnStar Died ( Replaced Antenna CPO ) 2 Visits
6. Drive Shaft and Drive Shaft Supports replaced ( CPO ) 2 Visits to locate
7. Peddle Adjuster ( Brake and Gas ) stopped working after they fixed door control module. Replaced CPO
8. Sunroof Drain Hoses ( Replaced Recall )
9. Rear Strut assembly adjustment ( Recall )
10. Battery died ( If yours is original, search thread Amazon AGM Type 48. Still a great deal and one of the best Batteries out there under $130- Delivered to your door. ) Swap out is a snap
11. Check Engine Light ( New one as of this month ) Code Stated Bad Coil / Wire / Plug. CPO They just charged me for plug $2.75. Check Engine light came back on, back to dealer....

Purchased July 2014......

Oh number 12. needs to happen hopefully before December 2015, CPO ends. :(

Again, good luck!!!
Don't forget...
Change all your fluids.... Diff, Xfer, Brake, Power Steering, Transmission, Radiator.... Never know what prior owner did.... That's just me...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
They should let you change it.... I would ask the rest of the forum members what they think. My CPO saved me thousands!!!!:cool2:

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
My 2010 has had a few problems but nowhere near the problems Nice Ride noted.
I did get the extend warranty which takes me to 85K or 5 years (at the time I
purchased in July 2013) the car now has 51200 miles so another 3 years and it will
be time to say good bye to her but until then hopefully I will enjoy the ride as I am
presently doing. I am very pleased I joined this forum, it has been very helpful. :)

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 Premium AWD - already have issue #1 on the list.

Thinking I might have made a big mistake...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I did it... Just traded my 2010 Premium 83k for a 2013 Premium 30K with all safety options. Everything except rear DVD. It even has the upgraded tail lights. During negotiations, I had them certify the car. Lucky me, the tires were worn below the allowable depth, they put on 4 new OEM to seal the deal. Still under B2B, has CPO and I have 5 months to decide if I want to take out GM Major Guard 84 Months 72K $3,285-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts