Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i did it again, i had the 1996 Fleetwood's engine compartment & underside cleaned - it was really filthy. The crud was getting all over me when i changed the oil yesterday.:mad:

Now the check engine light is lit. I wonder if they got something wet??? or blasted something off it's connector??? Who knows.

I queried the climate control - I didn't see any 01 codes. I did see a 02 110 (history) AC air mix motor cicruit open code that comes back when i reset it - maybe that's why my climate control is possessed. I nicknamed my electronic coimate control as the PSYCOTIC Climate Control :bouncy:

But i can't seem to be able to find all those P9999 codes that are in book 1 of the service manual. And book 1 is not much help... 500 pages of gobbledygook - unless you can find out what P code got set. :bonkers:

Any way to find out the OBDII codes??? :hmm:

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
for what it's worth...my check engine light on the 95 comes on every time I wash it...

goes off a short while later when things have dried off. I'm assuming it's due to the opti cap getting wet or something? Not too sure, but never gave me cause for concern. I plan replace the cap as soon as weather is warmer.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
96brougham13 - yup, i have those. none on the 01 codes show up, just 02 110 (air mix motor).

Outsider - that may have been it. After a few hours, i went back out - disconnected the battery just to be sure (read in the service manuals that disconnecting an OBD 2 battery resets the thing!!) re-connected it, and started it up - no check engine light.

The 02-110 (air mix motor) is still there: to the Dealer!!

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Disconcerting the battery won't clear codes. You have to manually delete them using the ECC. Deleting codes does not fix problems, but anything stored in history has already been resolved.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
More than likely, something got wet and caused the code. You should be good now that its dry. Weird you had a check engine light but no code come up

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disconcerting the battery won't clear codes. You have to manually delete them using the ECC. Deleting codes does not fix problems, but anything stored in history has already been resolved.
Read the 1996 service manual - OBD II works differently. No wonder all the independent shops were all up in arms when it was coming out in 1995 - 96. I remember reaing about it back then. Now I can see why - it's damn near impossible to get to the bottom of an emissions issue without a megabuck computerized setup...:banghead:

There were NO pointer 01 codes in the ECC. Still none, and the 02-110 is still there even after i cleared it half a dozen times. Well the climate control is possessed so it goes to the dealer tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts