Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 deville/95 fleetwood
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happend in the winter and the car was cold, i didn´t wait for the front windshield to warm upp and it was fogy. Somone left that benz 190 on the side and i crashed into it :( but it was easy repair. I bought some replasement parts like fender and bumper and the front lights, but i think that benz need a lot more fixing :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Here there be them pics...

Serves the dude right for leaving a Benz on the side of the road.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
^Why the Euro clip? Wouldn't that be just like leaving the car disfigured...

:hide:

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Glad to hear no one was hurt and that your car's OK. Post pics of the repaired car! Enquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I wish this will be your last incident , glad no one was injured .

·
Registered
(2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme
690 Posts
That Benz got totalled out. You might as well have got the euro clip.
The first time I read that I thought you meant take the front end off the benz and put it on the cadillac.:eek: At least you'd have wipers on your headlights then.

looks better than the 4 headlight setup
^Why the Euro clip? Wouldn't that be just like leaving the car disfigured.
Everyone is always going back and forth at this, has anyone ever posted a poll to see what the majority says?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
^I believe the opportunity just presented itself... Have at it.

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
647 Posts
Looks like a professional repair job! I guess the little piece that contains the fiber optic light monitors was wrecked. You should be able to find a new one easily at a junkyard or in the parts thread.

By the way, I really like the low stance your car has. It's just enough that it's noticeable, but not so low that you scrape the underside on every rock in the road.

·
Registered
78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)
1,150 Posts
loving that low look to on stocks! Mine is lowered in the rear with air shocks, but leans to the left side more due to a bent spring that I haven't replaced.....

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
You can never tell that ride was involved in any accident
:highfive:

I am happy to see your ride looks as fantastic as it was before .I really like the way it sits too . If I were you , I would lower the Fleet too .

·
Registered
84 deville/95 fleetwood
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you have for the suspension?
i have a proplem with the suspension, i just put 6,2 diesel under the hood and it´s so heavy that the suspension is too weak, it´s too soft when driving over speedbumps and uneven roads, any ideas how to fix that proplem??
I just installed new rear airshocks but haven´t connected the airpump, that´s why the car is so low:)

It´s originaly 4,1 V8 aluminum engine. That engine was terrible. the 6,2 gmc jimmy 1983 engine was taking space in my garage so i just put it in my deville and it work´s great :)

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,670 Posts
Some early 80s caddys came with a 5.7 diesel, maybe suspension parts for them will work. Otherwise you may have to go with a cargo setup. Definitely gonna need some different springs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts