Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1993 STS, 1997 STS, 2002 SLS, 2007 CTS 3.6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having the STS (93) sit in the garage for the last 2 weeks I couldnt bear it anymore, I had to drive it. I used the excuse to myself that I would get it to the shop to look at the two oil leaks.

Well, I did and the oil on the #3 and #7 plugs is the valve cover gasket which is also leaking somewhere else and causing the other leak. Less than $300 for a prior cadillac mechanic to fix.

Well I kept it in 3rd because if it drops down to second once the overdrive kicks in. (was hoping shift selenoids) Well yesterday it seemed a bit jerky, I decided to try it again in drive and it kicked down after jerking hard, I pulled over restarted and tried it back in thirdx and nope, now it is 1st and 2nd gear only. The mech cleared all codes and when it slipped out check light came on and the only code I am getting is P029. Which I can find anywhere.

So two questions, anyone think it could still possibly be the shift selenoids?
2) Does anyone know what the P029 code is?

Caddy dealer here quoted $4,200 for new tranny installed.
Labor charge here is 58.00 an hour, just kinda wondering what other dealers charge through out the country so post em if ya know em

Thanks for the help/input.

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
Realtor1 said:
Labor charge here is 58.00 an hour, just kinda wondering what other dealers charge through out the country so post em if ya know em

Thanks for the help/input.
Don't know about the local Caddy dealer but the local Harley dealership charges $70 per hr!

..rickko..

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
get it rebuilt, the local shop here, that are very good charged $1400 for the rebuild in my mothers '89 Brougham, including larob rand all that, and they are very, very good people, stand by their service very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts