Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the dentists office, its hour 2 of oral surgury.
I've got a mouthful of cotton, a bib, and all kinds of numbing going on.

I look out the window and see this woman drive up next to my caddy in her Lexus SUV.
First she pops her door real hard, right into my drivers door.
I'm pissed but just watching.

She gets out, and pops her rear door right into my door, she totally lets it swing.
Now I get up and walk to the window.....

She leave this door open (rubbing against my door) and she walks over to the other side of her car.
Opens both doors on starts climing in and out doing god knows what.
The whole time the door is grinding into mine...I had enough.

I go running out there, bib on my chest, cotton in mouth, and confront here.
(remember the door is still making contact with mine)
She goes hub? What? I dont know what youre talkin about?
Then I manage to tell her I was watching you ding up my car.
She says, "you came out just for that?"

FUKKIING BEEEEEEEEEEYATCH......welll I didnt say that. In fact I was very courteous because now the whole dental office is watching this unfold. Some words were exchanged and she half ass apologized so I told her to be more careful and walked back in.

Once back in the chair, I see her out there glaring at me and shruggin her shoulders making the "what??" gesture.....I was pretty ticked off but decided to let it go.

(My wife thinks I copped out)

What would you guys would have done?

PS thanks for letting me vent :)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Yeah you the right thing, I would have confronted her too, and maybe just maybe I would have kicked her car after she was gone :sneaky:

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Nah, you did the right thing. There's just no excuse for something like that. All those door knicks and bangs sure don't help the resale value of a vehicle. I mean, why don't I just go to my neighbors house and start tapping his siding with a hammer.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...I'm not above givin her the ole key scratch but the dental office was right there.......doing the whole insurance thing woulda been too much hassle....so instead I internalized it and came here to bitch about it :)

But it woulda been sweet to kick her friggin Lexus :sneaky:

***gotta chill out and get into the holiday spirit***

*pops a vicodin*

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
You did the right thing. I hope that beyotch didn't damage your Cadi.

I used to drive an older GMC Sonoma truck, and watched a guy open the passenger door of an early 80's Olds into my door (door weighs about 700 lbs and was 10 feet long) and knock a huge ding into it. I saw this guy do this as I was walking out of my bank, and I stopped at the front of my truck and looked him square in the face.

He says, "oh, did I open my door into yours?" I said, "no big deal," walked straight to my truck, unlocked the door and opened it as hard as I could into his POS car as he was walking away. Eye for an eye. ;)

I'm 12 years older and drive a much nicer vehicle now. If I saw someone damage my vehicle in a lot I'd demand their insurance info and call the cops if they refused to give it up. The "inner redneck" in me would still want to kick a king kamayamaya sized dent in their door though. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly!

All I wanted to hear was "im sorry"

Not "you came out just for that?"

Maybe I should opened my door right into hers! But then again it woulda probably chipped my paint......can't win.

PS This was in Del Mar, which is real snobby ass rich town.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rolex said:
.....The "inner redneck" in me would still want to kick a king kamayamaya sized dent in their door though. :lildevil:
:histeric:

My inner red neck seems to be activated by alchohol.....lucky for her I was hopped up on pain killers instead

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
What Rolex said...

I would have done the following...

"Ohhh your not sure what you did? NOOO PROBLEM, here let me show you..."

Then open your hulking cadillac door with all your might right into her precious Lexus.

"See, it leaves a nasty mark... they are tough to get out"

Done

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Ive done it on numerous occasions, the most memorable was when I had a brand new 1991 Mercedes Benz SL, you know the one:

It was about three weeks old, it was a beautiful car just like the one above, and this woman opened her crappy Volvo door into it, leaving a dent that actually broke the paint, I was decidedly peeved, I took her insurance details in a blinding fury, i then decided that once she went into the supermarket that her Volvo deserved some pain. middle of both passenger side doors had dents like soup bowls in them :):thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Ive done it on numerous occasions, the most memorable was when I had a brand new 1991 Mercedes Benz SL, you know the one:

It was about three weeks old, it was a beautiful car just like the one above, and this woman opened her crappy Volvo door into it, leaving a dent that actually broke the paint, I was decidedly peeved, I took her insurance details in a blinding fury, i then decided that once she went into the supermarket that her Volvo deserved some pain. middle of both passenger side doors had dents like soup bowls in them :):thumbsup:
There's a man who KNOWS how to release the redneck within!!! :highfive:

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Hhahaha Umm I dunno, I'm a little more threatening upon approach. I woulda had her apologizing when I got close enough to her. I woul;da totally wigged. Screamed at the top of my lungs, insults, swearing, etc. I am very protective of my car.... And since i have chrome door edge guards, I woulda flung one her way.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Lucky me, I don't have that problem:thumbsup: My doors don't dent THAT easily. For those that have seen the photos from when the drunk bitch hit my driver's side door going 50MPH with no brakes, you know that my door just sort of engulfed her car - it didn't really dent like a dent, it was more of a big soup bowl thing...and my frameless glass window didn't break - hell, the power windows still work:worship: God bless detroit steel:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
powerglide said:
This was in Del Mar, which is real snobby ass rich town.
I thought La Jolla was a snobby-ass rich town? J/K

DopeStar 156 said:
Hhahaha Umm I dunno, I'm a little more threatening upon approach. I woulda had her apologizing when I got close enough to her. I woul;da totally wigged. Screamed at the top of my lungs, insults, swearing, etc. I am very protective of my car.... And since i have chrome door edge guards, I woulda flung one her way.
I've seen your pic, Dope. If you had gone after her, she'd have probably peed her pants. Deservedly so.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
ben72227 said:
Lucky me, I don't have that problem:thumbsup: My doors don't dent THAT easily. For those that have seen the photos from when the drunk bitch hit my driver's side door going 50MPH with no brakes, you know that my door just sort of engulfed her car - it didn't really dent like a dent, it was more of a big soup bowl thing...and my frameless glass window didn't break - hell, the power windows still work:worship: God bless detroit steel:thumbsup:
LOL

YEah i saw that, its amazing you would think something had hit it at maybe 30. That thing is indestructable.

Whereas a mere Volvo dented my precious SL

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
LOL! I'm really very nice of a person if you talk to me.....mood pending.... I once flipped the **** out on some kid sitting on my bumper. I said something along the lines of "I didn't drop $2,200 on a couch for you mother****er!!!!"

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Yeah it IS indestructible. I'm more afraid for people who "dent" my car, because if you hit my car hard enough to dent it, chances are, your car door probably fell off:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts