Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, the Mercedes has been replaced!

2000 Regal GS. 54,000 miles. Bordeaux red/grey with the medium grey leather interior.

I went out to go purchase an '03 Regal GS Joe Abboud Edition, only to find that the mileage was too high to finance (108k) so I went back and looked at one I previously test drove. I fell in love with it and purchased it on the spot. The low mileage and extremely clean condition are what sold me on it. This is the lowest mileage, newest, most fuel efficent car I've ever owned, and the fastest! Talk about a complete package!

And here's the Joe Abboud package Regal GS I looked at earlier today.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
OO - MM - GG !! !! FINALLY!!

Congrats -- looks like a great car.

So did you trade in the S?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I traded in the S, got sick of getting no action on the private market....

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
The regular GS is still really nice -- the Abbouds were pretty rare to begin with. I'd definitely rather save 50000 miles.

How's the Monsoon stereo?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Nice new ride, and good to hear that the epic story with Mercedes is over, though I'll be interested to hear in 6 months how much you miss it.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. I liked the Abboud package's interior colors most (tan and brown), but this one had too many miles, and it wasn't as clean overall as this '00 was. The leather in the Abboud was rough and hard, it was marred in a few places and overall it wasn't as nice.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
The Camaro is a winner! I can't stop thinking about it. Everytime I see one, I have to stare. I need one...

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Sweet! That's a sharp-looking car and very low miles, too. I hope you at least got a decent trade-in for the Benz. Too bad you weren't able to sell it privately and get more $$ for it.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! That's a sharp-looking car and very low miles, too. I hope you at least got a decent trade-in for the Benz. Too bad you weren't able to sell it privately and get more $$ for it.
I got $5950 for the Merc on trade in. That was the highest I was ever offered, most places gave me between $5000 and $5500. All said and done, the Grand Sport was $8500, including a 48 month, 48k mile bumper to bumper warranty that I had purchased. Which means that my payments went from $267 a month on the Mercedes to $248 a month for the Regal, including the warranty.

I have named it Dominique, like Dominique Francon (The Fountainhead).
Here's her homecoming:

Patriotic car:

So much more to add. I gotta run though, gonna go see "Public Enemies" with a few friends tonight.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Fan-freakin'-tabulous!!!! I knew you'd get there in the end. Mission accomplished! Hope she serves you well.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
Cool Beans. :cool2:

Don't get carried away with that supercharger, unless you want to blow your trans all over the road. :p

Hope it proves to be a nice reliable car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Schweet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Well done! The exterior color on this one is MUCH nicer than the Abboud. Adam is going to sh*t his pants!

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Well done! The exterior color on this one is MUCH nicer than the Abboud. Adam is going to sh*t his pants!

No, he'll gloat :lildevil:

Sorry Adam :)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
EXCELLENT!

I agree, the color is really nice. It should provide great transportation for many years to come. Looking forward to a review :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Congratulations, I think you'll enjoy the Regal. Remember the Buick Regal is the number one choice of the new Red Chinese plutocracy! Great color combo too!

·
Registered
None, Now an AUDI A4
555 Posts
o wow, i actually commented it on your facebook before even thinking of logging on here, but again AWESEOME car man!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts