Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand it when peopel do this:

this is soo stupid, people always do this to try and get more people to look at their auctions....or they will write "NOT: blah blah blah" it's like, uhh, I don't want to know what it ISN'T, tell me what it IS....

....anway, I came across this and just coudln't hold back, plus the guy is new to ebay and already has a negaitve or 2 feedback, so I had some fun:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2449217366

here is the e-mail I sent him:

-----------

Hello, I have a question about your car, I was wondering if it really is a DeVille, SeVille, Fleetwood, DeVille Touring Sedan, SeVille Touring Sedan, and a SeVille Luxury Sedan all in one? I was just wondering, that would mean you have a super rare car, beucase the Fleetwood was the big RWD style car, the DeVille Touring Sedan wasn't out in 1991, the SeVille is a totally differnt car, the SLS didn't come out until '94 or so, and the STS came out in 1992 with the whole newly designed SeVille, and the Eldorado has always beena 2 door car, but there was also the ETC and ELC, Eldorado Touring Coupe and the Luxury Coupe, I think you missed the LaSalle of the 40's and the new CTS, XLR, SRX, and both the Cien and Sixteen concept cars, I think those would bring an extra 250% of people to look at your car.... I thought maybe for a second that this was a 4 door Coupe, or a 2 door Sedan, but I was wrong I suppose..... Anyway, goodluck selling your DeVille/Fleetwood/SeVille/STS/SLS/Eldorado

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Car is blue, over a lower of silver, with maroon interior? Needs a Dark Green Vinyl Roof and a gold pin stripe !!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Beats me. They're not going to get anywhere with that anyway because if someone wants a Fleetwood or an Eldorado or whatever that's what they want. They don't care about looking at an auction for a DeVille and if they did they'd search for it!

STS has been around since about 1990 and the Fleetwood was FWD and identical to the DeVille except for the trim from 1985-1992 so some of his information is right :p

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Get any response from the seller?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
tru504187211 said:
Get any response from the seller?
I drive an Eldo STS edition

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Yeah I've been noticing that more on ebay.. it's annoying but I haven't bothered anything like emailing the seller. Although that was pretty funny.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Standard response these type of people send:

"Sorry for the confusion. This is my grandpa's car and I'm trying to sell it for him so he has some money for his meds. I'm a Ford guy and don't know much about Cadillacs, but this is a nice one. Grandpa always drove highway miles really carefully."

These guys are also selling the cars of their other 10 grandpas in 10 other auctions under different names.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts