Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac SRX 4.6 Northstar AWD
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some times I get the "Service ride control" message on my display.
After pulling out the codes I get the next codes:

S038 ................... Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to Ground/Open

S055 .......................................... Resistor Module Short to Ground/Open

And the rear of the car is pumped up to the max !!! So the ride is very hard on bumps. I can't find any of these components so i can chek them.

I hope someone can help me. Much thanks in advance.

Ferdy

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,516 Posts
'93 is a long way from 2002, BUT, in my STS the ELC compressor/exhaust valve/drier package is up inside the RR fenderwell liner.....jack up the RR, put a jackstand under it, pull the wheel, and remove the plastic fender liner.

The system requires that a link arm from the sensor to the suspension arm is connected: that's the first place to look. With the exhaust valve code, you may be in the fairly common situation of a corroded assembly due to compression moisture eventually overwhelming the filter/drier and locking up either the exhaust valve and/or the compressor.

IF you replace the compressor assembly, blow out the shock air lines while the car is up in the air: moisture will ruin the shocks too. Quick connect fittings, tad of Vaseline on the nipple when you snap it all back together.

The diagrams are from my '02, but should give you an idea of what to look for. The compressor package is sort of generic across several GM lines, so it is an easy find, either new (best bet, $400) or www.car-part.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts