Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 AWD, Luxury, Radiant Silver Metallic
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I needed a code scanner for my XT5. I had just a basic one that would just read codes and wanted one that did a whole bunch more, you know the basic $39 one you buy. After a lot of research I ended up getting the Foxwell NT614 unit. If you buy it today you will have it tomorrow in most cases. I was pleasantly surprised that is came in a fantastic case to protect it. I have used this on several occasions now and it does way more than I expected.

Some of the things I have used it for is ABS / SRS / Transmission/Check Engine Code Reader Scan Tool with EPB & Oil Light Reset, Airbag Car Scanner Diagnostic, Auto VIN , and Free Update

I think it was worth every penny for a scanner under $200

Here is the link where I got it if anyone is interested.

https://amzn.to/3QApnWY

Watch Light Product Font Gadget

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
8,174 Posts
I have a couple Foxwell units, they've been updating the software more often in the last year so they are working better. Auto vin seldom if ever worked when i got them ans wouldn't talk at all to some vehicles it was supposed to, now auto vin seems to be working and increased coverages.
They have pretty good equipment for the money.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5, 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
122 Posts
Does anyone know of an affordable scanner that will retract/reset the electric parking brake motor position on the rear of the XT5? I am thinking that this is required to service or replace the rear brakes.

·
Registered
99 ETC 13 XTS 69 Chevelle 17 Yukon
748 Posts
Does anyone know of an affordable scanner that will retract/reset the electric parking brake motor position on the rear of the XT5? I am thinking that this is required to service or replace the rear brakes.
Click on link OP put in first post and read description says this reader will do parking brake.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5, 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited
122 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts