Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And Urby, Thanks for the offer but we are headed up north. It looks like you may get hit as hard in San Antonio as us in Houston.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We posted at the same time . No rooms in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or Lousiana. We will stay with family in Dallas.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
slow35th said:
And Urby, Thanks for the offer but we are headed up north. It looks like you may get hit as hard in San Antonio as us in Houston.
take all your valuables, IDs, and all your important paperwork including all insurance paperwork. praying for all you guys. if she hits me, she'll just be a TS or maybe weak cat 1.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys. We will be fine. I am going out tonight late to find gas. If I can't find it the V will stay behind in the garage. If I do find it we will caravan both vehicles up north.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good luck slow35th! Don't worry about your car, it can be replaced. Your family's lives can not. Be safe!

There goes the price of gas another 30-40 cents a gallon!

·
0 Posts
Goodluck. I Hope You Are All Safe. I Would Hate To Have To Go Through That With Mt Family

Dallas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Tip guys,

If you read about the gas situation, realize that the effects of Rita could be worse than Katrina for gas... anyone in the potential areas should fill up and get the hell out of dodge.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
1MEANV said:
No Shit. It Sucks. Gas Here In Canada Is At 1.75 A Liter In Some Places
Whoa, where do you live??!! I'm paying $1.18 for premium in Sask.!!!

Good luck down there guys, yes this will increase the price again when the storm hits Texas, Katrina hit us hard with prices for almost everything because goods are trucked in.....

there is a good lounge thread about Texas and this situation if you want to check it...

·
0 Posts
Well. Like I Said Good Luck For All You Guys Down There. That Is Why I Stay In Canada. Safer Lol. No Oceans Close To Me

·
Registered
573 Posts
hey guys if you have to hell head west.. come on over to AZ and you can help me finish my car..lol
but anyway, guys dont screw around.. i have been thru 7 hurricanes, 3 in texas.. my first was alicia in houston, actually right by baytown texas... but thats why me and my wife left florida and moved out west... we barely lived or made thru hurrican Ivan, i had to take a ax and cut thru 2 walls to get out of rising water and out of the house.. we where way above the water where it whouldnt have come to, we were evn told we would be ok, water wise that is, but it still backed up all the rivers, water had no where to go, the surge was insane,,, the water rose like 30 feet in less then 5 minutes.. im not joking... we got the edge of the eyewall, and that sucked if you we in the eye at least you get a few minutes of relief, could save a life, or give you time to seek better shelter.. but we got slammed solid... two of my cars looked like bonnie & clydes car, the rocks picked up from the wind and went thru the windows and metal of the car and left bullet size hole... 2 by 6's went thru our walls, brick walls like missles..

so really guys if that hurricane does drop in strenght, please get out dont be a fool.... i would hate to see any of our forum members, which i consider to be friends, killed or injured,,, any life in fact loss or hurt is tragic, and too close to repeat like in mississippi and louisana...
my prayers are with you & your family, Godspeed on your trip to safety, or if you stay

later, blitzer....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good luck to you guys and anyone else down there. If Rita stays as strong as it is, its gonna hit HARD. Be sure to reply to this post, if you can, to let us know you are OK.

Larry

T

·
0 Posts
Guys let me know if you need a place to stay! I have lot's of family and friends in Dallas plus my house if you need some help with a place.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts