Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'11 V WDT sedan, Recaros & Ultraview
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it....with the help of Katie and the likes of you characters telling me what an awesome car this is.
(The sickness which is CTS-V is fully apparent now.)

Details:
White Diamond, Recaros (no rocking yet), chrome wheels, (no clicking yet) auto, pano roof, 7K miles. It even has the microfiber towel in the bag still sealed...
Original window sticker too. (No SC rattle yet either.)
Paid less than 50K for those that are tracking that stuff.

It does not, however, have an owner's manual.

It also has a leak that has let water into the trunk. Spare tire well is wet with a few small puddles. I had the dealership put it up in the air and found no body damage had ever occurred. (I'm confident I know what I'm looking for.)

My immediate thinking is the third brake light assembly has a leak and the sunroof drain system and seals are next for consideration.

I still have plenty of warranty left but I'm interested in what we already know about trunk leaks so far.

Thanks for help & advice in advance.

Also, anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Trunk leak is a new one on me. Certainly not ruling it out but it's definitely not one of the "Big-3" complaints I've heard. Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
Founder, OBWC
572 Posts
Unless the interior (back seat) gets wet, I'm thinking it has to be the trunk lid seals, the rear glass seal or, less likely IMHO, the brake light assembly.

If there are puddles in there, that's pretty decent run off for just sitting outside. I would check VERY closely around the rear window area (both under the window and the trunk lid itself), there are bound to be deposits/stains from the runoff. If you can't see anything, you could also sprinkle a little baking soda inside the trunk, wash the car and then check for congealment once the car has dried.

12,778 Posts
Double e, congratulations on your new ride! :) If you have any vehicle questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to see the community already stepping in to provide DIY assistance with your leak concerns, and I wanted to hop on the thread as well to give you a link to the Cadillac Owner Center: http://www.cadillac.com/owner-center.html. (You can use Owner Center to keep track of your vehicle care, download the owners manual you're seeking, and more!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Katie,

Thanks! I sent a note to your gmexpert.com address.

It's got a few typos as I was in a hurry but I would like to get that data from you.

Double E

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
My 11 sedan did the same thing. Water filled up in the trunk where a spare tire would go. Dealer said it was common and more than likely the trunk brake light / spoiler light. They water tested and it leaked. Replaced seals and it has been a non issue for 5 months now. I hand wash and go through automatic hig pressure washes. Never get water at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! Thanks 1921.

It rained on it this week pretty hard and it was dry inside this time.

Next wash I give it, (this weekend?) I'll focus on that area and see if it still leaks or maybe the trunk had been popped open where it had been sitting at the dealer...maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts