Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna get the CTS V, but I got a decent deal on a 6 month CTS lease. That way I can have this until the 08 CTS V comes out. I didn't wanna lease a brand new V if the Cadillacs are changing a little for there 08 line.

Anyways a few questions, I did wanna do a few cosmetic things nothing too crazy but maybe some of you guys can help me? I was interested in doing a HID kit/bulbs I seen some 1DS bulbs on eBay for $170.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GE-9000K-XENON-D1S-HID-BULBS-CADILLAC-Escalade-DTS-CTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ015QQitemZ250131543400QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also I did possibly wanna do clear fogs, possibly a dash kit, and possibly a new grill. There was this unique dash kit I was looking at on eBay had like a black/grey wood finish pretty different looking. My CTS is black/black thanx for ur time!

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:welcome5: to the forum, pokerbrat! Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum!

Unless your CTS came with HID's, those D1S bulbs will not just plug in. You'll have to buy an entire conversion kit for it to work.

BTW, you do know that the new CTS-V doesn't come out until 2009 right?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
I thought it was a 2009 model which would come out in summer 08. Am I wrong?
No, you're right. I was referring to the MY 2009 so it will most likely be available for purchase in late 2008. The original poster said his lease was only 6 months which isn't long enough to last until the release of the new V.

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I added the wildWhl side tinted markers.

if u ever wanna sell your rims i get first dibs! and how can I tell if my CTS has an HID kit already installed? Because I dont wanna buy the D1s bulbs then be stuck buying a whole entire HID Conversion kit. Also The guy with the black/grey marble dash interested can u take some more pictures :) i might just do the carbon fiber I gotta find more dash pics for the cts post them guys

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also I been looking into real brushed aluminum dash kits they look pretty sweet since my intererior is all black

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Well the difference between halogen and HID's are pretty obvious if you look at there illumination. HID's will be a much brighter and whiter. If you aren't sure if they are HID's by looking at them, most likely they are not.

Another way is to push you windshield fluid button. If little nozzles pop out of the headlights and spray them, then you have HID's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts