Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I've been a big supporter of GM. I've bought two of their high end vehicles in the last 18 months and am trying to buy a third - the V2. I've stuck up for them on forums when others were running them down because I met a lot of their enginnering folks and found them all very talented and helpful.

I didn't mind that there were plant closures. I didn't mind that there were delays waiting on seats from the supplier. But I do mind that after a 10-week wait my car has been sitting "bayed" 50 miles from the dealership FOR SEVEN DAYS! I've driven past this place 4 times on my way to meetings while my car has been there. How can a company be so burdened by process that they can't deliver a $70K car 50 miles IN SEVEN DAYS?

Tomorrow will be day 8. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm seriously considering telling the dealer to just keep as it as I am fed up!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Your Dealer should have called DBC and asked them to mark the car "hot" at the distribution center. Normally, cars sit for a while until they can fill an entire carrier with cars all headed in the same direction to save on transportation costs.

I've marked every one of my Pre-Sold units for customers as hot, and they left the baying facility and got to my Dealership the very next day after they arrived. Call your Salesman.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
297 Posts
I know how you feel about the wait. My V took 17 days from the time it left Lansing to the time I got in NC. I was tired of waiting, but believe me its worth it.

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your Dealer should have called DBC and asked them to mark the car "hot" at the distribution center. Normally, cars sit for a while until they can fill an entire carrier with cars all headed in the same direction to save on transportation costs.

I've marked every one of my Pre-Sold units for customers as hot, and they left the baying facility and got to my Dealership the very next day after they arrived. Call your Salesman.
Thanks Scott. I did call my salesman (been talking to him several times a day) and the car was marked "hot" last Friday. That's what is so maddening about this.

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how you feel about the wait. My V took 17 days from the time it left Lansing to the time I got in NC. I was tired of waiting, but believe me its worth it.
I didn't complain about the wait to get to Annapolis, but to sit so close because some joker won't load it on a truck and make the 45-minute drive is completely unacceptable in my book.

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
I didn't complain about the wait to get to Annapolis, but to sit so close because some joker won't load it on a truck and make the 45-minute drive is completely unacceptable in my book.
Yep. I know that feeling totally. Mine probably came in on the same train that yours did, and sat in Annapolis over the weekend. Somehow, the guys at Lindsay convinced the shipper to get their stuff together and get it to them the following Monday morning. I'm not sure why Moore is having so much trouble with it.

Hang tough. Unfortunately, even though Allied doesn't "own" the car, right now, possession is 9/10ths the law, as they say. So, for the time being, it's Allied's car. Not GM's. If you want to get frustrated at anyone, it's the trucking company.

jas

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. I know that feeling totally. Mine probably came in on the same train that yours did, and sat in Annapolis over the weekend. Somehow, the guys at Lindsay convinced the shipper to get their stuff together and get it to them the following Monday morning. I'm not sure why Moore is having so much trouble with it.

Hang tough. Unfortunately, even though Allied doesn't "own" the car, right now, possession is 9/10ths the law, as they say. So, for the time being, it's Allied's car. Not GM's. If you want to get frustrated at anyone, it's the trucking company.

jas
Do you know yours arrived in Annapolis on Friday?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Thanks Scott. I did call my salesman (been talking to him several times a day) and the car was marked "hot" last Friday. That's what is so maddening about this.
You're welcome, but my name's Tony. ;)

If it's only 50 miles and I were the Salesman, I'd have my Shuttle Van drive me over there and pick it up myself.

·
Registered
Cadillac
73 Posts
[IMy car was built on March 9th and I was told it is in transit!!!!

Have not seen it yet as of today.
April 10th 2009

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're welcome, but my name's Tony. ;)

If it's only 50 miles and I were the Salesman, I'd have my Shuttle Van drive me over there and pick it up myself.
Sorry Tony - my rage blinded me and I was unable to read your screen name. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

·
Registered
NONE
451 Posts
Hm. Were I the shipping company and you showed up at the dock asking for a car, I'd probably tell you to go pound sand. How do I know you're really from the Cadillac dealership? How do I know you're not setting me up to get in a ton of trouble with GM?

Unless you've actually done this in the past Tony (and if you have, cool!) my guess is: the shipping company isn't about to release a vehicle unless they deliver it themselves. Again, were I running the shipping company, to cover my own backside, that's exactly how I'd respond.

jas

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW I did ask if I could pick it up in Annapolis and was told that I couldn't I didn't expect a different answer given that even if you pickup a vette at the factory some union guy has to load it on a truck and drive it across the street to the museum first.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Call the Dealer Business Center and have them get the holding facility Supervisor on the line. They tell the holding facility that "John Doe" is an authorized rep from the receiving Dealer, and will be coming at X:00 to pick up the car. Salesman drives there, shows the Supervisor a driver's license that identifies him as "John Doe", and picks up car.

Sometimes you have to go the extra mile for a customer. When Ketzer was flying in to pick his car up from me, I was in a situation where I HAD to have the car ready (he already booked a flight and everything). From the time the car showed "bayed", I was on the phone with DBC every 6 hours until the car arrived at my Dealership. They probably loaded it on the truck and sent it to me the next day just to shut me up. :lol:

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
The Cadillac shipping process is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The wait times from built to delivery are far too long. When I was considering a new BMW, it was common and expected that a car built in the plant in Spartenburg, SC would be here on the lot in Florida within 3-4 days Max. They are shipped out the same day or next day on large trucks straight to each dealer.

I like the Corvette option of just picking the car up the moment in comes off the assembly line. Now that is efficient!

·
Registered
NONE
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the Corvette option of just picking the car up the moment in comes off the assembly line. Now that is efficient!
If only it were that efficient. While you can pick it up "at the factory" you can't ever see your car built unless you make two trips to BG. It's best case 10 days from the time the car is built until you can pick it up.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
If only it were that efficient. While you can pick it up "at the factory" you can't ever see your car built unless you make two trips to BG. It's best case 10 days from the time the car is built until you can pick it up.
Plus if i recall correctly the vette gets shipped to a local dealer for the dealer prep part of delivery then back to museum for customer pick up at museum.

·
Registered
Cadillac
315 Posts
Tony is right. Mine had same issue. I think mine was marked super hot because besides short throw I think I had the quickest one in hand.

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Are you sure? I thought option R8C Museum Delivery was same day pickup. You watch it get built, and usually the next day you are driving it home.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
Museum Delivery is exactly what it says. It takes MANY hrs. for a vette to be built (probably too long for the one to perpetually walk and stop to watch). You pay to have your car presented in the museum the day you arrive to accept it. The Plant tour is just an offering to you as part of the package.

Average agenda: You watch other vettes get built in the a.m. plant tour, and around lunch shuttle to the museum, then you tour the museum passing YOUR car where it is roped off waiting, after the museum tour your tour guide sits with you in YOUR car while he teaches you the functions and features, then he/she hands you the keys and as you drive your car out of the building home in the afternoon. I did this with mine. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts