Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Seville STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added Gumout fuel injection cleaner to a full tank of gas. The car ran fine for a day or two and now twice today I have had a problem starting the car, What happens is the starter works properly and everything, but it does not start, if I push on the gas it will start up is this normal? I am just nervous, I am new to cadillacs, maybe after the gumout runs out it will return to normal maybe?

I have not checked for codes but I checked yesterday or the day before and I had no codes signifying a starting issue or anything fuel related. The only codes were a ABS code and another one which is TTMU1016 which is loss of communication with PCM.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
Don't put snake oil in the fuel tank, crankcase or cooling system. Did you add it to a full tank? That stuff is known to dissolve the varnish insulation on the pump and injector windings if it is in too strong of a concentration. Check your fuel pressure.

Clean your TB and check the plenum for a rip (somewhat common on the 2000+ engines).

·
Registered
Seville STS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot Ranger. I did add it to a full tank I did go and check the codes and found nothing, i just wanted to be sure. I went and crunk it a couple times and it had no problems starting. I agree no snake oil, I read some post on here and they all said the same thing "no snake oil". Too late now but i know for future reference.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
Try running that tank down and then refill and see if it gets better. If so we can blame it on the snake oil. If not, we'll look for other possibilities.

·
Registered
'98 Seville STS (gone); 2001 STS
155 Posts
Start by changing your fuel filter!

Seen it before where it dissolves crud in the tank and plugs it up almost right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts