Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RHO license plate bracket uses the thread in tow hook area to mount your license plate. The idea is that it removes the plate from the grills.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
the matte black looks great. i feel bad for you guys that live in front plate states....

·
Registered
NONE
2 Posts
I wonder if RHO plate will offer a direct fit for the CTS-V. I have a RHO plate on my current car, I wonder if I can adapt it as well. Did you use a size adapter or did you actually re-thread the bolt they provide?

-Rich

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Manual
152 Posts
I e-mailed RHO and they're working on a CTS-V plate.

To the OP. Can you post any more details on the 're-thread' you had to do? I need to do the same thing.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
The ones I saw for sale had many, 12?, mounting positions on the back.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Manual
152 Posts
I ordered a Lexus plate to adapt because I can't wait. Funny thing is the place that's shipping it is 20 mins from my home. I might stop by their shop to see if they might be able to take measurements so they can produce more for the CTS

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
443 Posts
So, I bought the Lexus IS kit, and rethreaded the bolt, thereafter, i reached out to Rho-plate, about fitment for the CTS-V, and they sent out a bracket mount shaft that works for the CTS-V. This is how it fits our vehicles..

I just sent them pictures of the fitment, so I suspect they will start marketing it to CTS-Vs..

I wish I didn't need a front plate, but working on a military base requires conforming to state laws if you don't want tickets daily.

Just uncovered after the winter storage.. been doing a lot of dusty work in my garage.. bare with the dust.. :)

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Doesn't rethreading a bolt ruin it? Why not just buy the correct bolt since they're only like $6 - $7.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Because the actual bracket that screws to the bolt has a bowl shape with a slot that allows for multiple positions. The Bolt has to be dished out to match that shape.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts