Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Eldog, 93 seville, 03 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 sevile SLS. Problem is the blower blow out of defaut mode (defrost only). There is no a/c. The climate control comes on when staring the car and then goes BLANK within like 3 second. I pulled the codes out and the only I get is (loss of A/C programming)... Did i mention its very hot here and it only blow heat from the engine compartment.... Somebody help me PLEASE, PLEASE.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,976 Posts
Re: HVAC Problems PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Problem is the blower blow out of default mode (defrost only).
This sounds like a vacuum leak. Common leak point is the barking brake release vacuum diaphragm. Does you parking brake release when you put it in gear?

There is no a/c. The climate control comes on when staring the car and then goes BLANK within like 3 second. I pulled the codes out and the only I get is (loss of A/C programming)..
Might be a bad ACM (Air Conditioning Control Module) aka programmer or maybe just a bad ground. It's going to take some troubleshooting.

it only blow heat from the engine compartment
That could mean that the blower housing on the firewall has deteriorated, which is somewhat common on older cars, and has big cracks or holes in it. A visual inspection will tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts