Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, HVAC controller in my Eldo doesnt work anymore :crying:. OK, i can live without AC in winter, but also blower fan doesnt work :crying2: and this is no good at all.
I want to order it from AutopartsStreet
I am only confused, cause here it is priced $184.
Same part in RockAuto costs $495
So my question is - are they identical?
Rockauto: OEM #16137740 / ACDelco #1572868
AutopartStreet: OEM #16137740 / ACDelco #1571789
Or it is there some kind of difference (and i dont mean in price :eyebrow: )
My car is 1990 Eldorado, 4,5L MFI (vin 3)
Or has anyone here this part laying in your garage? :D
I must order this part from US, because our dealer want from it no less, than $850

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, its plastic box with two connectors - one electrical and other vacuum. and in top some kind of "arm" (electric motor)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Well..... Id get the one from parts america, they seem reputible.... Do they have a partsestonia??? :histeric: Sorry....

Anyway, Id take the thing apart and see if you can see any burnt out electrical connections...... On my Q, its common for the HVAC control unit to burn out, and its a solder joint that usually fails..... easy to spot also.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Wes, i´ll try those connections tomorrow. In partsamerica, they dont have HVAC controller (at least to ´90 Eldo), and they dont ship to other side of globe also..
But can you tell me about those part numbers?

About partsestonia - we have here only 1,5 mil population, so its no point to open here partsshop :yup:

Edit: Any help???

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Id get the one from autoparts street.... If they list the same part number, its gotta be the same.... Make sure they have a good return policy, that way if it doesnt work you can return it......

I have the next few days off, I could look and see if I could find one for you!!! Although, I would have to ship it oversea.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elwesso said:
Id get the one from autoparts street.... If they list the same part number, its gotta be the same.... Make sure they have a good return policy, that way if it doesnt work you can return it......

I have the next few days off, I could look and see if I could find one for you!!! Although, I would have to ship it oversea.....
Thanks, Elwesso - i looked those connections too - they are good... :crying:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
:thumbsup:

Get to ordering.... And tell us what you come up with.......

The head unit is working, right???

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elwesso said:
:thumbsup:

Get to ordering.... And tell us what you come up with.......

The head unit is working, right???
Yes, head unit is OK, and blower power module too, no shorts/opens...
Sometimes its sucks, to have one and only car in your country... :(
And other thing - i cant find proper garage to my new(old) beauty - 67 Eldo :D We have here so small garages - hell, only little ricers fits there - old russian standards....
OK, beer time, i think :histeric:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, i ordered it and i get it probably in three weeks....
S***, we have almost winter here :annoyed:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, im sure...... Here in indiana its getting a little frigid also..... Right now its 9:50pm and its 33*F......

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, i got controller - everything working like dream now!
And of course murphys law - tomorrow we have 10 degrees(C) :disappoin - almost summer again :coolgleam

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Glad you got it back going again!!!!

Where did you end up getting it?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Also.... If you saved the old controlller, Id break it open and see if you can tell if anything went wrong......

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get it from junk yard & shop in Finland - only 50 bucks :bouncy: . It is not new, but it working!
I open old controller too - there is only few microchips and vacuum actuators (?). Probably one chip went bad.
But i started my ´67 Eldos restoration(today i take apart hood and fenders - to get more space to work with engine) and i think, i am start asking lots of (silly)questions about it too - i found one vacuum hose and i dont know, where it must connect. I´ll try to take pictures, so maybe you can help me out...
This car has been sitting last 10 years in garage and i dont want to start engine right now - it can be wery expensive repair, if something goes wrong.:suspense:
First i try to clean it, new oils, belts and filters...

·
Registered
1982 Eldorado Biarritz
10 Posts
I have a 1982 Eldorado with the HT-4100 small-block V-8.

As far as the blower motor is concerned, mine also suddenly stopped working, despite the fact that my HVAC and vacuum-actuated bypass dampers work just fine (I can hear them). When I attempted to locate either a fuse or a fan motor relay, I could find none listed in the owner's manual.

Now, the question is, are these fan motor fuses/relays part of the programmer box located on the firewall behind the glove compartment lining?

For obvious reasons, I would like to confirm this approach first before tearing the out blower motor assembly itself from the engine side.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
It has been a long tme since I've been under the hood of an HT4100 but as I recall there should be a reistor module on top of the HVAC housing on the firewall. It is mounted there and the module itself actually is in the air streem inside the box for cooling. I believe that is what needs to be replaced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts