Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Premium (Phantom Grey/Morello Red)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed when your climate control is not set to "Auto", and you manually turn the fan on, after awhile the air that comes out gets really hot. I've tried setting the temp lower, to around 65 degrees or so, and the hot air keeps blowing out. Also, when the climate control/fan is off, and I start the car up again next time and attempt to turn the fan on, the AC comes on automatically.... even when it's like 9 degrees outside!! Is anyone else experiencing this problem on their CTS??

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I find the HVAC system to be completely unacceptable.I was driving through a snowstorm and it was either too hot or too cold. Can't get the right temperature to come out no matter what. Told my local dealership and they told me oh that's normal for these modern computer-controlled systems. What a joke! Take it to your dealership and tell them what it does wrong. Maybe if everybody complains of the dealerships Cadillac will finally take notice? I would bet money that all it needs is to be properly programmed. Meaning the control module. I also told my dealership that the recirculate button made no difference. With it on recirculate, anything nasty smelling outside immediately comes in the car. A $60,000 car should be sealed up enough that you wouldn't smell anything right away.

CADILLAC CUSTOMER SERVICE, how about speaking to corporate on behalf of all of us owners that are having problems with HVAC system. Not a case-by-case will help you talk to your dealer thing. You talking to corporate people and telling them that the car has a problem and getting something done about it. Like I said, it probably just needs the computer programming to be rewritten and then installed. I'm sure it has all the proper hard parts in there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, it gets too hot after awhile in the car. If not on auto, and I have tempt set at 70, fan blowing at upper body, the air coming out is burning hot and you can't even touch the vent because it's so hot. I'm not sure why it's like this, I have a SRX and it also does the same thing if not set on auto. Reason I don't always leave it at auto because sometimes I just want air blow on upper body, when you sent it on auto, it mainly blows air through leg and windshield. Glad to hear it's not just me having this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also experience the same issues with the HVAC system. During spring/summer, when AC first comes on, the heat feels like it is on and you scramble to change the settings to make it more comfortable. Also, I have had my CTS in a couple times and told them the RECIRC button has no effect. They said it is doing what it is supposed to. That is ridiculous. 70K vehicle and can't get this stuff right.

I find the HVAC system to be completely unacceptable.I was driving through a snowstorm and it was either too hot or too cold. Can't get the right temperature to come out no matter what. Told my local dealership and they told me oh that's normal for these modern computer-controlled systems. What a joke! Take it to your dealership and tell them what it does wrong. Maybe if everybody complains of the dealerships Cadillac will finally take notice? I would bet money that all it needs is to be properly programmed. Meaning the control module. I also told my dealership that the recirculate button made no difference. With it on recirculate, anything nasty smelling outside immediately comes in the car. A $60,000 car should be sealed up enough that you wouldn't smell anything right away.

CADILLAC CUSTOMER SERVICE, how about speaking to corporate on behalf of all of us owners that are having problems with HVAC system. Not a case-by-case will help you talk to your dealer thing. You talking to corporate people and telling them that the car has a problem and getting something done about it. Like I said, it probably just needs the computer programming to be rewritten and then installed. I'm sure it has all the proper hard parts in there.

12,778 Posts
Has anyone noticed when your climate control is not set to "Auto", and you manually turn the fan on, after awhile the air that comes out gets really hot. I've tried setting the temp lower, to around 65 degrees or so, and the hot air keeps blowing out. Also, when the climate control/fan is off, and I start the car up again next time and attempt to turn the fan on, the AC comes on automatically.... even when it's like 9 degrees outside!! Is anyone else experiencing this problem on their CTS??
Hello Legendaryjarl,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I want to ensure that we have all the proper resources involved to help resolve your concerns. I'd like to get you into the dealership for an official diagnosis. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealership. I look forward to assisting you.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello Glamisfan,

I understand your frustration with the HVAC system. Your satisfaction during your ownership is very important to us. I see that you've informed your dealer about your situation, which is a step in the right direction. Your dealership is going to be in the best position to properly diagnose and repair your vehicle. If you would like me to formally document your concerns in our system, which is accessible to numerous departments within General Motors, I would need you to private message me your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealership. Additionally, if you're interested in getting a second opinion, I would be able to assist you.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I also experience the same issues with the HVAC system. During spring/summer, when AC first comes on, the heat feels like it is on and you scramble to change the settings to make it more comfortable. Also, I have had my CTS in a couple times and told them the RECIRC button has no effect. They said it is doing what it is supposed to. That is ridiculous. 70K vehicle and can't get this stuff right.
Hello kcblessing,

I understand your frustrations with the HVAC system and that you have previously addressed the issue with your dealer. I apologize that they have not been able to resolve your concern after your visits. I can assist you with getting a second opinion and would like to formally document your concerns in our system. Please private message me with your VIN, mileage, and full contact information. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I just sent customer service a nice big letter along with all my contact info. Sure would be nice to get this thing fixed! I also asked for any phone numbers or emails of corporate bosses that I can contact and try to get somebody High-up aware of this problem. It has to be just a simple computer programming problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to contact the program quality manager and have a conversation with her about this. I also hope it's something that can be fixed. I had a Buick Regal GS before the CTS and I did not notice the same problem with HVAC blowing out super hot air. What's frustrating is even taking it off "Auto" to have air blow at the windshield, tempt set at 70, after about 10 mins the cabin would get so hot I'd start sweating. Taking the tempt down to 65 still the same.... I would have to set it down to like 62 and it would then all sudden turn into cooled air. Like it only has two different settings or something, hot or cold, nothing in between.

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
My 2014 CTS Premium Sedan does the same thing…I have it set at 64 and its VERY HOT air… I have to drop it to low (60) to get it to cool off…Now you have the opposite problem…When I told my dealership they said it was because I had it in AC OFF mode…So I put the AC on and same thing…Like others have said this is a $70,000 car…You would think you could “Set It and Forget It”

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
My 2013 XTS has the same issue. We have to continually adjust the temps in CUE to try to stay comfortable.
My Explorer and Honda are "set once and forget" and they are always comfortable.

·
Registered
SRX, ATS coupe
8 Posts
I have a 2015 SRX and I am told that the AC not being a steady Temp is due to the Auto Defog function... When the auto Defog comes on it can change the air temperature in your vehicle up to 15 degrees! Completely unacceptable but they will do nothing with the car stating its "operating as designed". Total crap... Any Cadillacs before 2015, maybe 2014 for some models, and an auto defog feature but the newer models they reprogrammed/ changed the way it works or some BS. Didn't have this problem with 2013 SRX with same feature. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
Our 2015 CTS has the same problem with the recirculation function of the HVAC. Outside air still comes in. Furthermore, while the recir function does work, it works for less than a minute, and only two of the five air modes (floor, dash, etc.). This condition exists after the dealer reprogrammed the HVAC per a GM tech advisory.

So, our 2015 CTS can't match technology of a 1998 Lexus or a 2007 Jeep. What a POS. So, if you have allergies, don't buy a Cadillac. Buy a Lexus or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

CADILLAC CUSTOMER SERVICE, how about speaking to corporate on behalf of all of us owners that are having problems with HVAC systems.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS Premium AWD 3.6
8 Posts
Because you shouldn't have to leave the a/c on in 50, 60, 70 degree weather. You should be able to drive with the a/c off without the car frying the interior.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Luxury
3 Posts
I have a 2013 XTS Luxury, today this happened to me for the first time. When i got in the car i felt warm air coming out of the vents so dialed it down on CUE to 65...still warm, actually felt hotter. I set it to LO, then i got cold air at full blast. When i attempted to move the setting down, i got intense heat! I tried all the adjustments i could think of, nothing worked. I live in Houston, but I am in Indiana on a family emergency so i contacted a local Cadillac dealer here. I hope they can figure it out. The car has been great until this happened.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,264 Posts
I have a 2013 XTS Luxury, today this happened to me for the first time. When i got in the car i felt warm air coming out of the vents so dialed it down on CUE to 65...still warm, actually felt hotter. I set it to LO, then i got cold air at full blast. When i attempted to move the setting down, i got intense heat! I tried all the adjustments i could think of, nothing worked. I live in Houston, but I am in Indiana on a family emergency so i contacted a local Cadillac dealer here. I hope they can figure it out. The car has been great until this happened.
It sounds like there is no feedback coming from the interior temperature sensor (thermister). When you set it on full cold it bypasses the sensor and gives you all its got.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been having the same issue lately in my 15 cts, sometimes it feels like the compressor shuts down for a few seconds, then kicks back in. I also have to set the temp way low to get it cool.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport/2014 CTS-V Wagon
19 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with the dealership fixing this? I have had my wife's 14 vsport at the dealer 3 times for this. Most recently this past week and they say everything checks out ok and there is nothing they can do. I am really disgusted with the climate control system in this car and don't know if I would buy another Cadillac after this. I have a 2nd gen CTS and do not have these problems. My wife had a 2nd gen prior to this and we did not have problems with that one either. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts