Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1995 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blower in our Cadillac will not work. Our mechanic said it’s thenA/c heater programmer.... we found one on eBay , they installed it but it’s still pulsing and still not working.... what else could it be

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,164 Posts
We all "need help". I changed your thread title to be a bit more descriptive of your problem.

Which model, trim level, year of your Cadillac ? It helps to know what we're working on.

Welcome Aboard !!!

Many Sevilles and Devilles have multi-wire ground boxes behind the carpeted kick panels in the footwells - on the fender body metal. If the internal connectors inside the boxes, or the ground studs themselves, are faulty then it affects lots of dash area electrical stuff.

You might want to subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com, the online GM/Cadillac service manuals for YOUR car. Chilton and Haynes are far too generic to be of any help.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,606 Posts
What do you mean by 'pulsing'?
I thought the '95 had the controller built into the blower motor?.. I know the '95 Eldo does.

·
1995 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not really sure just getting our info from mechanic. I’m beginning to wonder if they know what they’re talking about. Any ideas on what can checkn

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
389 Posts
'I thought the '95 had the controller built into the blower motor?.. I know the '95 Eldo does.'

Looks like your right...

• Integrated Cooling for Motors and PWM Controllers
  • Self-Contained and Fully Programmable PWM
  • Hermetically Sealed Electronics
Don't see this type of warning very often...

w/ Air Conditioning; Main; w/ 3 Bolt Pattern; IMPORTANT! This blower motor is designed exactly as the ORIGINAL equipment motor supplied by the manufacturer. Due to the complexity of the installation please READ ALL Instructions carefully BEFORE installing this product. Failure to do so may result in blower motor and vehicle wiring damage and may VOID the warranty. VDO recommends the installation be performed by a qualified technician.

To the OP: If you have lost confidence in your tech, it aint fixed, and you can't do a troubleshoot, it may be time to move on to someone new. Sometimes a gut feeling is all you get, before a huge, on going bill.

Unless you are going to/trying to repair this yourself, get an estimate, a guarantee on the work, and maybe come back for a "Sanity Check" from some well experienced folks here, before you part with too much cash.

Question:
What part exactly was replaced? Part#, supplier, amazon/ebay# or picture,,,anything to ID it.
Does the blower work at all? What speed/speeds?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts