Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many months of looking I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Sport Platinum with all the bells and whistles. Has the waiting game relaxed at all, are ordering times still a wait and see game? My dealer is a smaller dealer where I am 3rd on the list. Would I have been better off to go to a larger dealer with quite a few names on the list? What are people seeing now for the length of time from order to shipment of their new vehicle?
Is there a way once the order is entered to monitor it online directly or do I still need to pester the dealer from time to time for a progress report?

Thank you!

· Registered
2022 ESV Sport 3.0L Diesel | Infrared Tintcoat | Whisper Beige w/ Jet Black
107 Posts
I can’t speak to the hurry up and wait, but Cadillac chat will give you event code updates of the progress. Weekly turned daily task for me.

· Registered
2022 Sport Platinum Escalade 4 x 4
139 Posts
I’d be wary of a “small” dealer getting allocation, especially since you’re “3rd” on the list. People here are waiting up to a year for sport platinums and those were ordered through high volume dealers.
I ordered sport platinum in January 2022, order was accepted end of may, production began about a month later, arrived to dealer end of July. Had truck shipped to my home 900 miles.
sounds like things have gotten worse since then though.

· Registered
17 Posts
I was 2nd on a list (I would say a small to medium dealer) and got the car within 6 months from order to delivery. Just a sport.
They showed me the actual list showing I was 2nd ‘Priority’. I’d think the US has a similar kind of list they can show you? I’m not totally sure to be honest.

· Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2023 Escalade
5 Posts
Have you purchased from this dealer before? Seems like the “list” (for any dealer) is variable at best (and very tilted towards repeat customers), and pure fiction at worst. Did you order with SC? Feels like SC is still a scarce commodity.

· Registered
388 Posts
It could be a long wait, it could be a short wait. I ordered my Sport Platinum in March of 2022 and received it in August of 2022. It was a small dealer. If I were you, I'd order from 1 or 2 other dealers instead of being stuck waiting on one order.

· Registered
35 Posts
I’d be wary of a “small” dealer getting allocation, especially since you’re “3rd” on the list. People here are waiting up to a year for sport platinums and those were ordered through high volume dealers.
I ordered sport platinum in January 2022, order was accepted end of may, production began about a month later, arrived to dealer end of July. Had truck shipped to my home 900 miles.
sounds like things have gotten worse since then though.
🙋🏻‍♂️Have been waiting on a Sport Plat since March 2022. Still #23 in the dealer’s list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts