Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
What Happened to "U" and "V" ? Never heard of them. Did they use those letters

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
well time ot break out my hurricane suvuival kit and get it ready ......

there , 12 pack is in the fridge and fridge is set for 40 degrees ...oh and im gonna take the duct tape out of its plastic ....

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
I don't think they use U and V, but I'm not entirely sure. I know they skip some letters anyway, probably due to lack of names that start with them. That way, they don't run out of names with "that" letter after a decade and have to delete it from further use anyway. Like most things, the rules can change (and have multiple times in past).

Another thing, after W, they start using the letters of the Greek alphabet by name (Alpha, Beta Etc) but hopefully we won't get to that point.

What they should do is name the storms after the prevailing price of gas. 20 years from now we could say "You remember hurricane $3.50? Man it was a bad one!" <--- Insert sarcasm here.

KDirk

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
They are saying it is going to slow down before making landfall. I can tell you I am watching this thing very closely. I am very interested on where it is going to make this turn. If it is a cat 3 or more I told Tom we are outta here. I have a baby and refuse to take a chance. I can not believe the size of this thing and in Mid Oct. none the less. It's crazy.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Re: Hurricane Wilma is heading for South Florida...

Yea, If we leave we are heading North. We will just drive until we find a hotel with vacancy. Got to do what you have to do, but for those who stay if it doesn't slow down you might as well put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good-bye.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
Re: Hurricane Wilma is heading for South Florida...

boombotz said:
...for those who stay if it doesn't slow down you might as well put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good-bye.
My brother lives in Biloxi and I had a hell of a time convincing him to leave for Katrina, he eventually did and it was a good thing. His house WAS about a block from the beach. It does not exist any more, merely a pad there now. Fortunately for him he owned some rental property North of I-10 and was able to move into one of his vacancies. Hurricanes of this potential magnatude are nothing to toy with as we all found out from Charlie last year - property can be replaced, lives can't. I will be heading for the beach side of Jacksonville just so I don't have to sit through the t-storms and possible power interruptions while trying to watch my football this weekend ;-)

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
You guys are gonna love this...

I finally convinced the girl of my dreams to move down here with me (though we are not dating currently, workin on it ;) ) and it took me all kinds of convincing to tell her even when Hurricanes do come through here Central FL is usually spared because they land up north or down south. So yea, Wilma better keep her ass down south cause Im not about to have egg on my face dammit.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts