Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add me to the list of believers...I got the Hunter Road Force balance yesterday and wow - what a difference!!!

Turns out, I have two bent rims (no surprise), and the previous balancing made them shaky at highway speeds. The two rims in question are now on the rear of the car. Even with these rims, my shimmy is all but gone. I can just feel it ever-so-slightly, but that's because I'm actively trying to sense it.

Only three of my wheels have weights on the outer lip now. The weights are all in dramatically different places than when balanced previously. Prior to the road force balance, these tires had about 7,000 miles on them, so obviously the RFB makes a big difference. With tax, it set me back about $100 for all four, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
96, 98 STS
29 Posts
My first post, so I may have duplicated it. Hunter Road Force balancing fixed the "classical" shake at about 65 mph on a '96 STS I bought off eBay. Took six tires to get four that would work with my rims. Came out smooth as glass after quite a bit of work on the Hunter 9700 machine. Tires were AVID H rated. The machine operator needs to be well versed in use of the equipment, though.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
Sweet, I just bought new tires on tirerack.com. I should have them the begginning of this week and I'm getting them roadforce balanced. I can't wait to feel the difference that you guys are talking about. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Thanks for the hope.

·
Registered
263 Posts
sjwoodruff said:
Call TireRack and make sure, but don't they road force balance their tires prior to shipping???
:hmm: That would be a great trick, how'd they get my rims to put the tires on, balance them, then send them out. :rofl: :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys don't believe anyone who tells u they have Hunter Road Force machine. I encountered that on several ocasions I have been told they do have one and when I ask to show the machine, they don;t have it.

I called Hunter Sales Representative and found out who they sold it to.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MACTICULOUS said:
:hmm: That would be a great trick, how'd they get my rims to put the tires on, balance them, then send them out. :rofl: :)
My bad - I assumed you were buying an entire wheel/tire package...

·
Registered
263 Posts
sjwoodruff said:
My bad - I assumed you were buying an entire wheel/tire package...
Oh, OK. I love the wheels that are stock for my 99 SLS, I wouldn't get rid of these for aftermarkets. Now I understand why you said that.

By the way, I checked out the site for the balancer, the place that I'm having the tires shipped to is on the site's list, good recommendation though. Maybe I'll still ask to see it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Last year I bought a set of rims and tires for my Mustang from Tirerack.
They had the best balance job ever. They were perfectly smooth for over 25K miles when I sold the car! Every other balance job I have ever had wound up vibrating soon after installation.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
I have also run into the issue of....Hunter website shows that a local tire shop had a Hunter, they did not.

Also, the local Cadillac dealer does not use the Hunter.

Nearby Dodge dealer does have the Hunter. $9.99 per tire.

Strange but true......I recommend driving the car 20-30 miles before having the Hunter balance job done. This gets rid of any temporary flat spoting in the tires.

Logan Diagnostic
www.ledfix.com
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandieselusa.com

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just had my new Kumhos put on today with the roadforce balance... ahhhhh. The ride is nice and smooth now and he shake at 65 is gone. These tires are unbelievable compared to my old ones. I had the Goodyear Integritys on it when I bought it and they weren't anything special, in fact, compared to the Kumhos, they sucked. I feel alot better now with the new tires. I suggest that people get the roadforce balance done and see if it takes care of your shakes.

·
Registered
2001 STS
149 Posts
I called the local Caddy dealership and they said they had the Hunter and that a "forced" balnce for all four is 69.95. I heading there tomorrow. I have new Pirelli Zero Nero 235 55 17's W rated tires and the mount and balance I had when they were new was worthless. I think they even put the tires on inside out. :confused: The bold lettering is on the inside!:cookoo:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts