Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 99 Deville 4.6L and it has a very loud humming noise coming from around the passenger side of the engine. Right around the power steering reservoir, from what it sounds like. DTC code is P0507 which shows up twice, one says its pending. Replaced the IAC and cleaned the throttle body. Noise still there. Looked for broken or holes in vacuum lines. Couldn't find anything. Removed the intake manifold and replaced the gasket. Still no change. Also, after replacing the manifold, the engine now misfires. But it hasn't thrown any misfire codes. Can anyone help, please? Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, power steering level is good. Plus the noise only goes away when the right front wheel is lifted off the ground.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Wait. Car running, noise present, lift front right corner and it stops?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yeah, a wheel speed sensor can't hum. In fact, there's nothing in that area I can think of that would be capable of humming. And lifting the wheel off of the ground shouldn't effect anything that is capable of humming. Not sure I have any suggestions of what to look at next.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Sounds like a line vibrating, mount bad or even rack issue if it changes whem lifting right side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts