Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright finalizing the shopping list, anything i really should do now while i have the bumper off? It will be a Coupe AWD "V" conversion, any suggestions are wanted thanks y'all!
Headlights https://www.amazon.com/AKKON-2008-2...+headlight&qid=1620008429&s=automotive&sr=1-5

fog bulbs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CP81V3Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A126Q4T86JLNL&psc=1

car already has HID so just keep them or ?

20782127absorber
25796003fender linerextension
25796004fender liner extension
25858812duct
25796005duct
25796006duct
bumperDuraflex CTS-V Look Front Bumper Cover for 2008-2013 CTS CTS-V | eBay
CARBON FIBER Package Front Bumper Lower Lip SplitterCARBON FIBER Package Front Bumper Lower Lip Splitter For 09-15 Cadillac CTS-V | eBay
grill mesh08-14 CADILLAC CTS-V FRONT UPPER/LOWER REPLACEMENT GRILLE COMBO SET BLACK | eBay
I prefer a Brewster green with saddle interior. Still looking for a good way to break up the slab side.
Here's the true wrap color I ordered that was just a photo shop.

My last car was deffently darker green that was custom painted, just ended up to dark though. so I wanted to make sure this time it was a true green and not to dark. I know that transam your talking about and do like that too!

im thinking of doing chrome delete with either of these, still on the fence about bronze or metalic gun metal rims. any thoughts yall? carbon flake View attachment 598752 black/metallic metal flake View attachment 598751 View attachment 598750 View attachment 598749

View attachment 598748 Also want to cover/wrap the wood grain on the interior ( which is white ) with the same vinyle used for chrome delete View attachment 598753

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
569 Posts
While the chrome delete would make it more "slab-sided," i nevertheless vote for it. Gunmetal rims would be okay, bronze look like vomit on anything except a black or bronze car. If money is going to be an issue after your renovations, ditch the HID, if not, which I suspect is the answer, keep 'em. The only downside I know of is the cost of the bulbs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While the chrome delete would make it more "slab-sided," i nevertheless vote for it. Gunmetal rims would be okay, bronze look like vomit on anything except a black or bronze car. If money is going to be an issue after your renovations, ditch the HID, if not, which I suspect is the answer, keep 'em. The only downside I know of is the cost of the bulbs.
im still deffinetly on the fence about the rims lol here is same color with bronze rims seems to look good to me

Here are the gun metal rims im looking at

here are the bronze rims im looking at

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok still trying to piece this all together, so i have the bumper and two main mesh, but now need mesh around the fog light area, anyone know where to get mesh that matches the center mesh here. you can see in this pic the mesh dont match the fog mesh, that would drive me nutz lol

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,068 Posts
ok still trying to piece this all together, so i have the bumper and two main mesh, but now need mesh around the fog light area, anyone know where to get mesh that matches the center mesh here. you can see in this pic the mesh dont match the fog mesh, that would drive me nutz lol View attachment 598831
To answer your earlier post, I don't believe the fog grilles were on factory V front ends, but rather an add-on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To answer your earlier post, I don't believe the fog grilles were on factory V front ends, but rather an add-on.
ive seen some bugs that must weight half a pound so i can't imagine that being good hitting the calipers lol at least have to put something there to make it explode first

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
ive seen some bugs that must weight half a pound so i can't imagine that being good hitting the calipers lol at least have to put something there to make it explode first
Even some of the 3.6 cars (mine included) have functional brake ducting without mesh without any issues.
Those rotors are likely hot enough to melt anything that lives to get to them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even some of the 3.6 cars (mine included) have functional brake ducting without mesh without any issues.
Those rotors are likely hot enough to melt anything that lives to get to them.
ahh ok looks like that bend would at least splatter out and bugs before the hit calipers

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
I wouldn't give it another thought.
There are hundreds of thousands of vehicles with similar brake cooling ductwork.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok everything other than headlights ordered, rims tires ordered tomorrow, vinyl arrives tomorrow along with car.
Anyone know any aftermarket HID housing compatible headlights like these?

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
ok everything other than headlights ordered, rims tires ordered tomorrow, vinyl arrives tomorrow along with car.
Anyone know any aftermarket HID housing compatible headlights like these? View attachment 598863
Those are halogens- what's wrong with your HID's?

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Mainly want black housing. I dont think any exist.
The V HID assemblies have black inner housings.

Couple other options:
Check with your local custom auto shop and see if they know anyone that works on HID assemblies.
Buy damaged V lights and swap the inner housings to your HID's.

There are threads here on baking the housings open if you're a DIY person.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The V HID assemblies have black inner housings.

Couple other options:
Check with your local custom auto shop and see if they know anyone that works on HID assemblies.
Buy damaged V lights and swap the inner housings to your HID's.

There are threads here on baking the housings open if you're a DIY person.
I dont care what they say, your alright

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
200$ for halogen housing vs 1000$ plus for hid, anyone ever convert halogen headlight to hid housing?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts