Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays to everyone and thank you for your participation in the Cadillac MotorSport, Ltd CTS Hugger Header package for the 3.6 and 3.2 platform.

Based on initial order inquiry; the price of the package and it's associated Stage 8 mounting hardware and gasket package has been set at: $1695.00 plus UPS insured shipping.

Preliminary orders for the 3.2 platform outweigh the 3.6 engine platform by a 2:1 margin as the associated manufacturing costs for the flange decks as "new construction" and the daily commodity pricing of stainless steel suggests that we set a "maximum price ceiling" on this GROUP BUY at the initial estimated $1695.00

Therefore; If you are "still in"; you must email us directly at [email protected]*********************** with your "firm committment to purchase" by December 30, 2005.

Failure to do so; will upset the final price to all of those remaining on this Group Buy.

Please remember that this is not an "off the shelf" retail item", but a custom fabricated package where labor hours drive final pricing. So in the interest of your fellow Forum Members; please be sensitive to that December 30, 2005 date.

ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES EXTENDED GROUP BUY PURCHASE DATE & EXTENDED 50% DOWN PAYMENT DATE.

I have decided in the interest of those who have decided to "move forward" with firm purchase committments to extend the offer to purchase this package at $1695 to December 30, 2005.

Simply stated; if you were "on the fence" and did not order and still want in on this Group Buy; all you have to do is email us directly that you want to purchase the Cadillac MotorSport Hugger Header Package at $1695

By doing so; you may help your fellow Cadillac Forum members in a variety of ways:
  • Additional orders may lower the final net cost to all participants
  • You have a final opportunity to participate in this Group Buy. Remember that your not just purchasing a custom set of headers and high flow cats. You are also receiving a complete installation kit that includes the Header Gasket Kit, Cat Gasket Kit and the Stage 8 self locking Header Bolts. The Headers are extrude honed and Jet-Hot Coated. No one can do this at this price.
  • Finally, I will extend the 50% deposit date to January 13, 2006
So to summarize the above; please note the following instructions:

• For those who have already placed there "preliminary interest orders"; on the 3.6 or 3.2 Hugger Header package the price has been set at $1695.00 and your 50% deposit will be due by the extended date of January 13, 2006.
  • You must email your final purchase committment as to whether you are "in or out" by December 30, 2005 and note that your 50% deposit must be received by January 13, 2006
  • For those who "were on the fence", you may still place a "firm order" for either the 3.6 or 3.2 Hugger Header package and your purchase order must be received by Cadillac MotorSports by the extended close date of December 30, 2005 and your 50% deposit must be received by January 13, 2006
Finally; all 50% deposits must be received "in hand" by January 13, 2006.

VERY IMPORTANT ORDER & COMMUNICATION PORTAL:

All group buy order committments from those who initially participated in this Group Buy as well as those who have now decided to participate by placing a "firm order to purchase" must be directed to:

[email protected]***********************

*Do not place any inquiries, questions or orders on the Cadillac Forum as they will not be read, viewed or responded to by any means.

All communication regarding this Group Buy affects every participant and it is imperataive that all communication be directed to Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
Ok, so its Dec. 30th, can we go ahead and send in our money, or is Pete going to contact us?
I'm assuming he's going to contact us. We have until 1/13 to send the deposit, so we should hear from him within the next 2 weeks

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys:

Bob is right......Please don't worry about the deposits.

We'll worry about it when we need your money!

Now when was the last time you heard a company say that?

Here's our schedule:

This weekend will be a busy one for us while we are closed. We will tally up all of the final firm orders on both the 3.6 platform and the 3.2 platform and place the commodity order for the stainless steel to fabricate the headers.

Sometime by the middle of next week you will be sent an electronic invoice for your 50% deposit.

You will have several options of how to make your deposit.

You may mail a personal check, a money order or use our secure server and pay by credit card.

You will have until January 13, 2006 to make your 50% Deposit.

We extended the participation date and the deposit date to allow as many people to participate in this Group Buy as possible given the fact that the Christmas Holiday puts a "stretch" on everyone's budget.

If there is anyone out there who would like to participate, but money is an issue due to the Christmas season, PLEASE contact me ASAP at:

[email protected]***********************

I cannot make any promises to you at this time, but if there are enough people that still have interest and timing is bad for them; we may be able to work with you.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
ah yes, taxes. man i can't wait to get that back. with no dependants and being single, i get bent over by claming "0" across the boards. luckily i get a lot back...thanks for reminding me about that...

i was starting to wonder about the deposits though...glad to hear something. reckon i;ll just wait for the invoice. how cool would it be if pete stocked these? they'd be on already!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
If Pete had these in stock, I'd have driven to his shop, paid cash, and had them on the following weekend! I don't know why, but I'm more excited about these than Christmas. I paid more for a new mainsail that I just ordered for my boat, but there's no where near the anticipation of getting that, than these headers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looking forward to these headers as well, or the perfomance it will due.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
odysseus said:
If Pete had these in stock, I'd have driven to his shop, paid cash, and had them on the following weekend! I don't know why, but I'm more excited about these than Christmas. I paid more for a new mainsail that I just ordered for my boat, but there's no where near the anticipation of getting that, than these headers.
Ody,
You probably know that a 3.2 Hugger doesn't exist anywhere in the world. CMS will do the very first one..probably yours:thumbsup:

You talk to Pete anymore about the polishing and plenum work? What's he charge?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
Does anyone plan on gutting the cats for the extra horsepower?
I don't think there are any gains there as CMS has designed these for max flow. Besides I'd hate to take a torch to these beauties and cut them in half.
A friend of mine did gut his resonator so it looked stock. Did the same on his mufflers. It was a V.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I haven't talked to him yet about it, but I'm sure that will be next. I've also cotemplated buying a used 3.2L engine, pulling the heads and intake to send to CMS for porting and polishing. That way there's minimal downtime on my car. I'm also awaiting his ESC. I'm going to break something (trans, diff, axle, etc) sooner or later! LOL

Having the first set of 3.2L huggers would suit me just fine, since my car is one of the first built (second month of production). I'll even pay the full amount up front (screw the 50% deposit), just to be first in line!

Gutting the cats is questionable regarding gains, and they'd likely only be near the redline. An X pipe would serve better. With high flow cats, power and flow are maximized without screwing up the O2 sensor readings required by the Bosch ECU. I'd prefer to keep it emission friendly while roasting my tires! I want more area under the torque curve, not just max RWHP!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts