Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to put the '96 Accord to rest-187,000 miles. And thus the purchase of what is basically my Mid-life Crisis Car-a HUGE '99 silver Concours with 27,000 on it. And I LOVE it! While everyone my age goes the SUV or Miata/Boxter route, I chose to go stealth-not that you can actually call an eight billion-ton Caddy 'stealth'.

Dumbest Moment: (Bear in mind that I have only ever driven sticks). Picked up the Silver 'Lac. My first commute home-the brakes start smoking and soon the steering wheel starts to shake. I pull over, cool off and continue. Same thing the next day into work. And again on the way home. Off to the dealer who finds NOTHING wrong. And diplomatically asks if I had been pressing the brake while cruising along. Sadly, somehow-I had been managing to plow this thing along while resting my foot happily on the brake pedal. Very, very LAME!!!!!!!!!!

It Really Was Driven By A Little Old Lady: Until I figured out how to program the settings, every time I got behind the wheel the seat would raise me to the roof and push me against the dash. The previous owner must have been about 3-feet tall.

Ummmmm...We've Got Problems: Well, all I can say is thank Heaven for the auto tilt-down mirror in reverse. Parking this thing is not like parking the ol' Accord. Also, stopping. This is a glorious machine in flight but not unlike a 747-it could use a nice reverse thruster kicking in when coming to a stop-Place your seats in the upright position! I am used to it now but initially I thought 'so this is what stopping a freight train feels like.'

Very Cool: It's great coming out of the gym after hitting the weights and getting into the gleaming silver ‘Lac. Nobody sees that coming. I get a lot of looks and expect I will be seeing a few more Caddys pulling up. And talk about sleeper! This automobile shoots down the road and whenever I need has managed to surprise more than a few. It is an elegant machine that impresses me with its ability to quietly command respect. I am having a blast! I’m planning to put in headrest monitors and a DVD system so I’ll be poking around the Infotainment forum. See you there!

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
Welcome to the CadillacForums Jersey dude! You're gonna fit right in here - I guarantee it. Great first post - now get on over to the Let's Talk Thread and tell us about yourself. Just remember, no more than 10,000 characters per post! :p

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
:histeric:

Welcome..... Thanks for coming :wave:

Youve only posted once and I feel like ive known you forever!!!!

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Thought you were talking about a Chrysler Concours for a minute there. You should try driving a 75 Caddy if you think yours is huge.. :bouncy:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Jersey Dude! And thank you for signing up! I can understand how you'd sit on the brake pedal after driving a manual all your life.. You should get those brakes checked out - no?

Otherwise.. It sounds like you've got a NICE car! I love those Concourses.. It has the center console - right? And yes, they're plenty powerful with 300 horsepower. You've got yourself a great Cadillac...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

Finally! Another DeVille owner!!! Damn Fleetwoods and Katshot style Flimpalas are taking over. We need more DeVille boys like you!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
MMNineInchNails