Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am trying to see if possible to add HUD port to stock cluster, it has the spots on circuit board for the usb connector. I got it soldered over the weekend, just haven’t had the time to install it and see if it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I do not know anyone to program clusters currently, I am looking into getting the hardware/software to try out
Reach out to Diablo Mike. IIRC, one of the guys he works/worked with did a cluster replacement to install electronic gauges from a CTS on his ATS and had software to reprogram the cluster. If you dig around in the this forum, you can probably find the thread; it's from a few years ago. Otherwise just PM him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That was NyInstaller, he sold his ATS so he can’t program them anymore. We got his CTS-V cluster for my buddies ATS-V

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I see you found the thread. I know he sold the ATS, but wasn't sure if the software was still in his or DiabloMike's possession.

·
Registered
94 Posts
He used the GM MDI pass thru programmer, it required him to install the cluster in his ATS to program. He did an Escalade cluster for me and the CTS-V for my buddy right before returning his leased ATS-V. He works at Gas Monkey Garage currently

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
526 Posts
I had a HUD in my CPO '13 ATS Premium, and traded that in for a slightly used '16 ATS-V. The V wasn't nearly as well equipped but I bought it for its performance envelope, and am very happy with that. That said, I do miss the HUD (as well as a damn locking gas cap and descent headlights)... but the longer I wait, the better aftermarket solutions there are out there in the market place. I think those of us looking to gain the HUD feature might find it a heck of a lot easier (and perhaps cheaper?) to go with an aftermarket solution. Granted, it won't have the grace of an OEM installation, but it won't have all the extra sweat and frustration of install & integration either.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts