Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Eldorado
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out what the "correct" wheel covers that I should have on my 77 Eldorado. I am missing one cover and when I checked on Ebay with someone that is selling some he tells me mine are from a 74/75 model so I want to be correct.

Also, my trunk currently has no carpet. Is there anything that goes under the carpet if I get a new set or just the carpet?

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I'm trying to find out what the "correct" wheel covers that I should have on my 77 Eldorado. I am missing one cover and when I checked on Ebay with someone that is selling some he tells me mine are from a 74/75 model so I want to be correct.

Also, my trunk currently has no carpet. Is there anything that goes under the carpet if I get a new set or just the carpet?

Try cardomain.com you will probably find some pictures of 77 eldos. there.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
1,000 Posts
In 1977, there were two styles of factory wheel cover for an Eldorado: If the car is a Biarritz model, or if it has a "Cabriolet" vinyl roof (rear portion of roof is vinyl only), then the wheel covers featured a body-colored (painted) plastic disc on them--resembling like a painted wheel cover. If the car had no factory vinyl roof (quite rare) or else the less common "full vinyl roof" then it had brushed steel wheel covers (the same for 1974-1975 and 1977 and 1978).

In 1976, the factory equipped Eldorados with black, painted backgrounds on the center of the hubcaps, except the 1976 Biarritz models (which included body-colored inserts, and the Biarritz package was introduced in mid-model year) and the exclusive, last 200 built, "Bicentennial Edition Convertibles," and those had white, body-colored plastic inserts on the wheel covers.

You might consider joining the Cadillac-LaSalle Club, if you are preserving or restoring your older Cadillac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts