Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of using Royal Purple 20W40 (for diesel and Gasoline Engines), in my HT4100 - 87 Eldorado.

Any comments?

Thanks
:want: GT8888

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
Stand back. Oil questions on this forum = burning match + puddle of gasoline. Lots of strong opinions.

But here goes. I'm not famiilar enough with Royal Purple to comment on it, however I can tell you this: I switched my HT-4100 '87 DeVille to Amsoil synthetic 10W-30 ASM two years ago, and send oil samples to Blackstone Laboratories for analysis at each change.

I change my oil twice a year, usually 3500 to 4 thousand mile intervals. The wear metals content is now 62% lower than the universal averages for engines of this type. I did get a small bump in aluminum and iron on the last test, but it may be because I took the sample from the filter instead of the drain stream. The TBN of the Amsoil was very high, almost new, even after 7 months in the crankcase. The oil lab has recommended I extend my drain interval to 4500 miles.

This isn't a pitch for Amsoil. I don't sell it, or cheerlead for them (at least not here). Just my experience. My point is, if you want to experiment with a product, don't be afraid - just follow Ronald Reagan's advice: Trust but verify.

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
Here we go again....

I recommend "Sliski 45W50". Oil manufactured from a rare Polish crude found only in a small area in the Tatra mountain range. 100% natural and organically mined. No artificial (synthetic) indgredients :)

Peteski

1 - 5 of 5 Posts