Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im having some trouble with my 84 fleewood coupe with ht4100 motor.
It is blowing a way too much black smoke and ive checked the injectors they are constantly throwing out way too much fule and does not drive right.
The computer was changed by previous owner before i purchased the car. I jave replaced map sensor and o2 sensor. I have also gone to the extent of replacing the throttle body over from a friends 4.1 fleetwood and still fuel was gushing out from i injectors.
Ive gotten codes 18 and 1.1.8 not to sure what they are.
Not sure what else to do or try to fix it and being in Australia doesnt help with not many people with experience with the ht4100.

Thanks

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,263 Posts
You have to find out what temperature the engine thinks its running at, what the air temperature it thinks its receiving is, and if it thinks its cycling between lean and rich before you can do any further diagnosis. All that information can be accessed via the climate control panel, and a factory manual for your year and model will tell you how to get to it. It also has the definitions for all codes as some vary slightly from model/year.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,575 Posts
I agree with Al.. I think you could have a bad hose going to the map sensor. Also check the connections to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too sure what car the computer came out from im guessing similar year as it has the 3 plugs. Also forgot to mention the cat what cleaned out by a mechanic here a few months back. I will have to check vacuum hoses for leaks now i think.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,215 Posts
MAT sensor and/or it's plug will also cause the car to run very rich. Best to consult the shop manual on how to look at what the ECM thinks components are telling it verses normal readings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts