Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS
169 Posts
I did an LED retrofit on a customer's car a few months ago and it's been working great, he got tired of replacing bulbs and ballasts, his car kept having issues every 3 months or so even with different headlight housings. Contrary to what I was told, the LEDs are noticably brighter than the 6000k HID's in my DTS, I had both cars there so I was able to compare side-by-side. here's the writeup I did for a facebook group back when I did the install, it's surprisingly simple and totally removes the ballast from the system, it's only a block-off plate afterwards. High beams still work and no errors at all

facebook post said:
"Use these exact LEDs, others will require you to keep using the ballast, which to me defeats the point of doing this conversion in the first place. installed this way, your ballast can be totally corroded or filled with water without affecting operation

Throw out the silver braided cable for the factory bulb & cut the other connector off going to the ballast, then connect the 2 black wires to each other. Next, connect the red wire from the LED's to the yellow ballast wire, and the black wire from the LED's to the other 2 black wires from the ballast connector. Route your wires and find a spot inside the headlight housing for the resistor and you're done! Just reinstall the lights.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
169 Posts
on the amazon site, it does not say that it does low beam and hi beam. I have H4s on my bike and it does 5000 lo and 1000 high. Does this give you low and hi beam at the same time or just low or just high. Some LEDs for DS1 replacement show only low beam, not both.
vegasdts
these cars use one bulb for both high and low beams and a blocking shutter behind the lens that blocks part of the high beam off to create the low beam, the step where you connect the black wires together from the ballast connector is what retains this function when deleting ballast

1 - 2 of 2 Posts