Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone...

Got my first Caddy about 2 weeks ago - I've been poking around here since, but was a slacker and didn't introduce myself right away. I've really enjoyed reading the posts and gleaning those nuggets of good info from everyone.:worship:

Now, about my new acquisition: I was looking to get rid of a Saab I had (the 9-3 and I just didn't fit together), and was actually looking at getting a new Grand Prix GTP, when I self, 'Self, this would be the perfect time to look for a Caddy'. I had always wanted to get an Eldorado, and since they weren't makin' 'em any more, I figured now might be a good time to find a not-so-used-in-good-shape specimen. Well, lo and behold, I was able to find an IMMACULATE 2000 ETC with only 22,500 on the odo (and for what I think was a good price) sitting on the lot here in South Denver. Needless to say, the Grand Prix idea was out the window and I was in the driver's seat of my 'new' car. I LOVE it! So far, it's been a great car, it's a certified used (meaning 7 years or 100k from original service date for no-deductable warranty) and is loads of fun to drive.

There's supposed to be a picture attached to this post, I'm hopin' it makes it.

I look forward to learning more from all you gurus out there and definitely look forward to many miles of enjoyment from my new Caddy.

Thanks for being here!

Jon Caldwell

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Sweet ride!!! Welcome BTW!!!

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
dechief4 said:
Got my first Caddy about 2 weeks ago - I've been poking around here since, but was a slacker and didn't introduce myself right away. I've really enjoyed reading the posts and gleaning those nuggets of good info from everyone.:worship:

Now, about my new acquisition: I was looking to get rid of a Saab I had (the 9-3 and I just didn't fit together), and was actually looking at getting a new Grand Prix GTP, when I self, 'Self, this would be the perfect time to look for a Caddy'. I had always wanted to get an Eldorado, and since they weren't makin' 'em any more, I figured now might be a good time to find a not-so-used-in-good-shape specimen. Well, lo and behold, I was able to find an IMMACULATE 2000 ETC with only 22,500 on the odo (and for what I think was a good price) sitting on the lot here in South Denver. Needless to say, the Grand Prix idea was out the window and I was in the driver's seat of my 'new' car. I LOVE it! So far, it's been a great car, it's a certified used (meaning 7 years or 100k from original service date for no-deductable warranty) and is loads of fun to drive.

There's supposed to be a picture attached to this post, I'm hopin' it makes it.

I look forward to learning more from all you gurus out there and definitely look forward to many miles of enjoyment from my new Caddy.
Hey Jon - Welcome to the CadillacForums! That is one *hot* looking Eldorado you have there. Its funny, I really like the Eldo in that Crimson Pearl but not the STS so much - go figure. Anyhow, keep up with the recommended maintenance - with that warranty you should be set for a long time.

The picture is awesome - excellent quality and just the right size - big enough to see all the detail but not so big as to scroll off the side on the screen (hint hint big picture posters :D). The car is pretty shiny - do you do your own detailing?

Enjoy your time here on the CadillacForums!

·
Registered
2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is pretty shiny - do you do your own detailing?[/QUOTE said:
Normally, yes. However, what you see is the detailing from the dealer, as well as the 'just washed' look from my local touchless car wash. I've been reading some of the posts on detailing and am leaning towards getting the Liquid Glass product line for my new toy. Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
W E L C O M E
To Our Hangout Jon! Your New Eldorado Looks 2 Good > Enjoy the Forums and your new Ride :spin:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Jon. And thanks for signing up! You too, David. :D

Everybody here knows how jealous I am about your ETC. Damn!!! It's very, very nice...

Hey Dave.. Keep it Crunk, eh? Is that something from Conan O'Brien? :p

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome!!! Thanks for signing up...... :wave:

What I would do to have that car!!! That is SO GOLDEN!!!! Almost to the point of being stupid..... :D

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Hey Dave.. Keep it Crunk, eh? Is that something from Conan O'Brien? :p
Yeah, I heard that's where crunk came from. It's cool, I'm a fan of Late Nite. Of course I put it there as the southern rap term that I'm sure almost none of you are aware of, but it's all good.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
davesdeville said:
Yeah, I heard that's where crunk came from. It's cool, I'm a fan of Late Nite. Of course I put it there as the southern rap term that I'm sure almost none of you are aware of, but it's all good.
I'm aware of it having some sort of rap origin.

"Keep it crunked up, John Blaze nshit" - Still bigger than hip hop, Dead Prez

1 - 15 of 15 Posts