Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... First off let me introduce myself since this is my first visit here.... My name is Joe and I am from south Texas... actually, only 43 miles south of Houston.... Anyways, when I was growing up, my parents always seemed to own a Cadillac.... Well, now its my turn.... well.... actually my wife's turn....LOL.... I bought my wife a 2001 Cadillac Deville on Mother's Day this year and the reason I am here is this.... about a month after buying the car, I was rolling up the window and it made like a cracking sound at the top... it had done this before and I had to be careful rolling it up... well I rolled it back down about an inch and it wouldn't go back up... so I rolled it down a little more and it worked fine but it still wouldn't go back up... now, mind you, this is the front drivers door.... so NO more ordering food at fast food places...LOL.... so, I have now had the window pulled up with tape holding it in place... which I need to put new tape from time to time.... I have had the parts house and the dealership say that I need a window regulator.... they said it will effect the window going up... but I can slide the window up or down pretty easy with my hands, so I am thinking it came off its track or something... the window motor sounds like it is running smooth but doesn't roll it up.... the dealership said this part is about $340 with the motor and thats the only way they sale it... is this really my problem ??? Heres the deal... I don't see ANY screws in the door panel so I have been scared to mess with it... I bought a tool to remove door panels today, but I really need help on how I need to do this... is it hard to take the door panel off ??? I have the wood trim all around the interior also... does it need to be removed ??? IF there are screws... where are they ??? .... sorry about being so ignorant but this is our first NICE car....LOL.... Thanks for any and ALL help on this...
Joe

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,976 Posts
Your problem will become obvious once you get a look inside. You can beat that dealer price by close to 50% at http://www.rockauto.com or http://www.gmotors.com.

Door panels are basically the same, but every year may vary a bit with retainers and locations. I would strongly recommend that you get a FSM. It will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the car, how to diagnose every problem and how to repair it. You can get a new one from http://www.helminc.com or a used one from Ebay for a much better price. Do not waste your money on Chiltons or Haynes.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
Master Loafer,
Welcome and howdy from Webster Texas. Sounds like the window guide might be your problem but like Ranger said you will not know until you pull the panel. I was able to find the guide at NAPA for $8 while the dealer was charging $25. The motors are cheap on ebay and in fact I have a few for my 1990 Deville I don't think they will fit though. If you like to tackle this let me know and I can help ya since we are close to each other.

osbaldo[email protected]

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to both of you for responding..... I may have to get ahold of you Chuwee.... I just arrived in Camden, Arkansas to attend a friend's funeral tomorrow morning... I will be home tomorrow night, so if you want to give me a buzz Thursday sometime, then let me know by sending me a message.... I could give you my number there... Thanks for offering to help.... thats awesome !
L8R,
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts