Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
nah, kids don't have that kind of money to buy a caddy. Unless of course it's 200 miles away, only goes into reverse, has a very bad paint job, comes with no keys, and is at some impound lot :rolling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
nah, kids don't have that kind of money to buy a caddy. Unless of course it's 200 miles away, only goes into reverse, has a very bad paint job, comes with no keys, and is at some impound lot :rolling:
He's right. The only Caddys kids are buying are old ones. Definately not new ones. It's really got to get back to basics or they will be doomed to be repeating the same old mistakes. Short-term successes are not what Cadillac needs to be concerned with.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
I think the chrome and a little bit of retro "Cadillac" would appeal to the older crowd even more.. Cars are all starting to look the same with this monochrome look - which I do like. But, everything is monochrome...
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
Katshot said:
He's right. The only Caddys kids are buying are old ones. Definately not new ones. It's really got to get back to basics or they will be doomed to be repeating the same old mistakes. Short-term successes are not what Cadillac needs to be concerned with.
:(

NIN....... who cares, that car is aawesome, once you get it fixed up, I am sure you are gonna have fun with it :)

Cadillac should get chrome.....dare I say chrome bumbers? some sort of tail fins, and the huge chrome grilles....... Let's see, Mini did it, VW did it, Ford did it (twice now), Chrystler did it..... I am sure there are others....... look how well all of those sold....
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
Panther said:
:(

NIN....... who cares, that car is aawesome, once you get it fixed up, I am sure you are gonna have fun with it :)

Cadillac should get chrome.....dare I say chrome bumbers? some sort of tail fins, and the huge chrome grilles....... Let's see, Mini did it, VW did it, Ford did it (twice now), Chrystler did it..... I am sure there are others....... look how well all of those sold....
Chrome is just one of the answers!!! :worship: :wacky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I really like the direction Cadillac is taking in the recent years, except for one thing; model names. Old names like Deville, SeVille, Fleetwood, etc. have been around for a while and I guess that's why they're employing the current trend of alpha numeric designations. IMO, unless the company has been using the alpha numeric names for a long time (BMW, Benz) I would rather like to see actual names on their cars (ex. 3.5RL instead of Legend, etc.). How boring would it be if all 60s and 70s muscle cars were named alpha numerics (ply GTX and Buick GS/GSX not withstanding)?

Also, the styling seems to have been a major departure; CTS's styling isn't universally accepted, but the CTS-V with its real performance claims seems more accepted, albeit among hardcore sportscar fans. I like the restrained look of the current STS styling, so if it could be massaged for more "techno look" with the upcoming rear drive platform it would be a respectable runner.

The performance line-up (V-series) is a great idea; I hope Cadillac isn't too late in the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
I think a GREAT idea would be what AAT did as a "commemorative" Corvette. Has anybody here seen it? Check out http://www.aatcars.com and see.
I think a Cadillac, or any old car brought to life on an up-to-date chassis just as they did for the '53 Corvette, would be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Panther said:
:(

NIN....... who cares, that car is aawesome, once you get it fixed up, I am sure you are gonna have fun with it :)

Cadillac should get chrome.....dare I say chrome bumbers? some sort of tail fins, and the huge chrome grilles....... Let's see, Mini did it, VW did it, Ford did it (twice now), Chrystler did it..... I am sure there are others....... look how well all of those sold....
I was using that more of an example because most kids can't afford a cadillac, unless their rich parents buy them one, unless it needs a lot of work.
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
Katshot said:
I think a GREAT idea would be what AAT did as a "commemorative" Corvette. Has anybody here seen it? Check out http://www.aatcars.com and see.
I think a Cadillac, or any old car brought to life on an up-to-date chassis just as they did for the '53 Corvette, would be awesome.


That is one really nice Buick

only $30k for that '53 'Vette you were talking about!?
 

·
Registered
87 Deville
Joined
·
630 Posts
First off i would like to Thank You for the opportunity to Earn your Business! I know i am going to get fired for this but you only live once Right :devillaug The very first thing that i would do given complete control of Cadillac would be to Scrap ALL Front Wheel Drive Designs and Shred them > 2nd would be to $hitcan the NorthStar and Replace it with a 400 Hp Small block Chevy engine, and get back to basics as KatShot mentioned earlier. I would then find some "old school" design engineers to create an all new Rear Wheel Drive Fleetwood, Deville, Eldorado, Seville, STS, CTS, and the all New VTS & VTC >Virtual Touring Sedan & Virtual Touring Coupe > Body on Full Frame Designs only > no more Unibody BS FOR MY CUSTOMERS. I would bring back some of the Classic Cadillac Looks blended with modern day aerodynamics for an All New Design. I would Simplify ALL the Electronics, no more idiot lights. Only LCD, digital and analog guage instramentation, Most all vehicles will be "special Custom ordered" so the customer can "build" the car Via Virtual Computor and Test Drive it B-4 it's built at the Dealership. During the Virtual test drive the Customer will be able to make any changes to the suspension, engine tourque, Transmission shift points and a full array of "MANY OPTIONS" To Choose from the "Base" model. The All New Cadillacs would vary greatly in price range depending mainly on build options. The main goal would be to offer the consumer a better built car for a more "affordable price" AND > unsurpassed QUALITY & "Dependability". The All New Cadillacs would come with a 10 Year 200,000 mile Warranty!
Stop by your All New Cadillac Dealer and Make Your Virtual Car A Reality.
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
First off i would like to Thank You for the opportunity to Earn your Business! I know i am going to get fired for this but you only live once Right :devillaug The very first thing that i would do given complete control of Cadillac would be to Scrap ALL Front Wheel Drive Designs and Shred them > 2nd would be to $hitcan the NorthStar and Replace it with a 400 Hp Small block Chevy engine, and get back to basics as KatShot mentioned earlier. I would then find some "old school" design engineers to create an all new Rear Wheel Drive Fleetwood, Deville, Eldorado, Seville, STS, CTS, and the all New VTS & VTC >Virtual Touring Sedan & Virtual Touring Coupe > Body on Full Frame Designs only > no more Unibody BS FOR MY CUSTOMERS. I would bring back some of the Classic Cadillac Looks blended with modern day aerodynamics for an All New Design. I would Simplify ALL the Electronics, no more idiot lights. Only LCD, digital and analog guage instramentation, Most all vehicles will be "special Custom ordered" so the customer can "build" the car Via Virtual Computor and Test Drive it B-4 it's built at the Dealership. During the Virtual test drive the Customer will be able to make any changes to the suspension, engine tourque, Transmission shift points and a full array of "MANY OPTIONS" To Choose from the "Base" model. The All New Cadillacs would vary greatly in price range depending mainly on build options. The main goal would be to offer the consumer a better built car for a more "affordable price" AND > unsurpassed QUALITY & "Dependability". The All New Cadillacs would come with a 10 Year 200,000 mile Warranty!
Stop by your All New Cadillac Dealer and Make Your Virtual Car A Reality.
PIPE DREAM :lightbulb
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
cadillac needs to move from the bottom to the top...from yahoo autos
hmmm, the 2 makes right above Cadillac are VW and MB, both are well respected and have their own good share of the market........
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
First off i would like to Thank You for the opportunity to Earn your Business! I know i am going to get fired for this but you only live once Right :devillaug The very first thing that i would do given complete control of Cadillac would be to Scrap ALL Front Wheel Drive Designs and Shred them > 2nd would be to $hitcan the NorthStar and Replace it with a 400 Hp Small block Chevy engine, and get back to basics as KatShot mentioned earlier. I would then find some "old school" design engineers to create an all new Rear Wheel Drive Fleetwood, Deville, Eldorado, Seville, STS, CTS, and the all New VTS & VTC >Virtual Touring Sedan & Virtual Touring Coupe > Body on Full Frame Designs only > no more Unibody BS FOR MY CUSTOMERS. I would bring back some of the Classic Cadillac Looks blended with modern day aerodynamics for an All New Design. I would Simplify ALL the Electronics, no more idiot lights. Only LCD, digital and analog guage instramentation, Most all vehicles will be "special Custom ordered" so the customer can "build" the car Via Virtual Computor and Test Drive it B-4 it's built at the Dealership. During the Virtual test drive the Customer will be able to make any changes to the suspension, engine tourque, Transmission shift points and a full array of "MANY OPTIONS" To Choose from the "Base" model. The All New Cadillacs would vary greatly in price range depending mainly on build options. The main goal would be to offer the consumer a better built car for a more "affordable price" AND > unsurpassed QUALITY & "Dependability". The All New Cadillacs would come with a 10 Year 200,000 mile Warranty!
Stop by your All New Cadillac Dealer and Make Your Virtual Car A Reality.
Yikes, sounds nice, but not gonna happen. Some of what you suggest might require seperate EPA cert. for every car that leaves the factory
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Here is my take after I did a semester-long project on the CTS. Cadillac is a LUXURY car company. According the the US government a luxury car is a car which retails for more then $40,000. Caddilac is currently the second most pure luxury brand, they trail lincoln which is about 80% pure.

The biggest problem they are facing is what all other luxury brands are facing. They are tryng to get people into "near-luxury" cars such as the CTS or Lincoln LS. These cars are canibalizing the brands which they come from. If Cadillac wants to survive they should be more of a luxury brand, sure, a $30,000 Cadillac is great! But with the $30,000 you get a car which didnt have as much time or QUALITY materials put into it. In doing my research I test drove and thouroughly (sp?) went over a base CTS. After 10 min in it, I relaized it felt ALOT like every other CHEVY on the road. Yes, it had Cadillac logos all over it, but in the end It felt like i was sitting in a Chevy. There leather was hard, the dash was plastic, and there was no wood trim.

Compared to my 8 year old Eldorado: the dash is plush, the wood is pronounced and REAL, and the leather is soft.

Yes, the CTS is increasing sales and bringing in younger buyers, but it is sacrificing the cadillac name. Younger people dont have the money for a $42,000 Cadillac, but they do have the money for a $30,000 CTS. I dont think Cadillac should have brought out a near-luxury car. This is no better then the "keeping up witht he Jones's theory". They should have put more time into making the true luxury cars into better cars. Give use more luxury RWD cars with real power and features people want.

On the other hand, a lower priced Cadillac may be what they need. However, selling a near luxury car makes them Buick, they are treadding on thin ice and have to be very careful about which direction they take their near luxury cars. If people have this one, I can garuntee they will want more choices at this price, that my friends, will destroy Cadillac.
 

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
Joined
·
372 Posts
First thing is to sit down with the UAW and get the S..t straight. Second we work to improve an all alloy engine that is all potential and leaking results. The LT1..Ls6 whatever pushrod it is.. is Chevys beauty...we at Cadillac need our own. Redesign the alloy block for RWD and stud the heads with grade eight fasteners and Fel pro head gaskets.
Keep the design as beautiful as it is...not spike hair and creased fenders.

Lose 400 pounds and use composites and alloys wherever.

Put the emblem back on the hood and go screw'm


Just my pinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
Here is my take after I did a semester-long project on the CTS. Cadillac is a LUXURY car company. According the the US government a luxury car is a car which retails for more then $40,000. Caddilac is currently the second most pure luxury brand, they trail lincoln which is about 80% pure.

The biggest problem they are facing is what all other luxury brands are facing. They are tryng to get people into "near-luxury" cars such as the CTS or Lincoln LS. These cars are canibalizing the brands which they come from. If Cadillac wants to survive they should be more of a luxury brand, sure, a $30,000 Cadillac is great! But with the $30,000 you get a car which didnt have as much time or QUALITY materials put into it. In doing my research I test drove and thouroughly (sp?) went over a base CTS. After 10 min in it, I relaized it felt ALOT like every other CHEVY on the road. Yes, it had Cadillac logos all over it, but in the end It felt like i was sitting in a Chevy. There leather was hard, the dash was plastic, and there was no wood trim.

Compared to my 8 year old Eldorado: the dash is plush, the wood is pronounced and REAL, and the leather is soft.

Yes, the CTS is increasing sales and bringing in younger buyers, but it is sacrificing the cadillac name. Younger people dont have the money for a $42,000 Cadillac, but they do have the money for a $30,000 CTS. I dont think Cadillac should have brought out a near-luxury car. This is no better then the "keeping up witht he Jones's theory". They should have put more time into making the true luxury cars into better cars. Give use more luxury RWD cars with real power and features people want.

On the other hand, a lower priced Cadillac may be what they need. However, selling a near luxury car makes them Buick, they are treadding on thin ice and have to be very careful about which direction they take their near luxury cars. If people have this one, I can garuntee they will want more choices at this price, that my friends, will destroy Cadillac.
Not bad, you have some good ideas there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
How would I improve the Cadillac brand? Sell it to Ford and let them take over :)

so they can make it like lincoln which has absolutly no clear direction or marketing plan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
so they can make it like lincoln which has absolutly no clear direction or marketing plan?
I don't know, Lincoln seems to be doing just fine, and with a more thought-out product line too.
I mean, look at them vs. Cadillac. Lincoln had 3 vehicles until the Aviator (which I happen to be buying today) came out and they are managing to keep Cadillac (who has a 7 vehicle product line) on their toes in the sales department. As it stands right now, Lincoln has a fairly common sense lineup; 2 cars, one big, one small, and 2 SUVs, one big, and one small.
Cadillac on the other hand has 3 cars (soon to be 4 if the XLR ever comes out), one big, one pretty big, and one small, and 3 SUVs (soon to be 4) ,one friggin' huge, one big, and the EXT that I dare somebody to classify.
I would say that it's Cadillac that has a rather foggy idea of what their marketing plan is. It sounds to me like they figure that they will just keep sucking funds out of GM to build different products until they hit on a winner. And then build as many versions of that product as they can. It's already coming true, the CTS is a hit and in the next couple years, all Cadillacs will look like CTSs. Remember, you heard it here first.
 
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Top