Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im just wondering, what would be the best way to install those hugger headers and high flow CATS. How would it work with borla and is it gona sound louder now :(. I cant wait...lol

P.S. 7 hours for "do-it-yourself INSTALL" If you know what you;re doing, so no im not doing that. how much would it cost to get it installed and where?

·
Registered
413 Posts
From my understanding, any good muffler shop should be able to do it with no problems. I've looked at the underside of the CTS, and I have no desire to try it myself, even though I've done all the other work on my car. And price depends on the shop, some charge by the hour (around here its usually $60 an hour) while some will charge a set fee (I've found $250-300). And since the Borla hooks up to the stock cats with no modification, it will work fine, and it will be louder, but a good louder, and a real nice power boost.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
according to SD, the headers introduce a purr to the engine, which is pretty sweet. i'll be mating it up to the borla as well, in addition to Ody. i think its going to make a huge difference. i mean, by the time we're done, we'll have a complete high flow system with little to no restrictions (less natural physics) of course. after these headers i need to take a little break. luckily my guy said he'd do the work for about 45 an hour. might have him put on some ceramic pads while he's at it. i think my stockers are finally dying.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CadiKing2006 said:
So if i took it to the dealership, they would install it? for like $500?
IMO it would be 5hours x $65/hr = $325 to maybe $375. I would think it would be easier for them as they already know how to remove the cast iron headers.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
They must be professionally installed. Even most advanced "garage mechanics" do not possess the necessary tools and extensions to access the very tight working quarters in the engine bay compartment from underneath the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
CadiKing2006 said:
Hey im just wondering, what would be the best way to install those hugger headers and high flow CATS. How would it work with borla and is it gona sound louder now :(. I cant wait...lol

P.S. 7 hours for "do-it-yourself INSTALL" If you know what you;re doing, so no im not doing that. how much would it cost to get it installed and where?
I have the headers in my car and the headers come off from the bottom. There is no need to drop the engine or anything like that. its pretty simple if you have a lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts