Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 13 years of ownership I finally figured out how the water gets in my driver's side headlight. The water flows across the hood and into the seam with the fender, along the seam to the tab that holds the headlight, down through the hole, on to the side of the headlight, to the side cover, past the crappy gasket, and into the headlight. For the fix. I dremeled off a couple of little lumps that kept the cover from sitting flush and ran a bead of hot glue around the back side of the gasket so it would have more crush when compressed. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,484 Posts
I silicon'd the piss out of those two access doors the last time I had the assembly out, guess what? Water came back. I'm convinced the lens seal has failed. At 199k and 8 years of ownership she's about ready to get retired, I'm done fighting with this flaw.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel your pain. I've had both of mine out and pressure tested them submerged with nary a single bubble only to find the left one with water condensed on the inside of the lense a month later. We already knew that they hold water perfectly. The right one never has even the slightest condensation.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
I finally fixed my driver's side after quite a saga. Last thing I did was seal BOTH covers with RTV. As I have been saying since then, if GM just still sold the new gaskets (with covers I guess), none of my saga would have happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts