Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased this SRX privately and have now found that 'Park Assist off' is always displayed.
When I select it on the DIC it displays as Park Assist ON<<< OFF<<<.
I have tried the SET/RESET button but nothing changes.
When I back the car up close to an obstacle no lights come on or anything.
Anyone had a similar problem? It's possible that I am doing something wrong of course :)
Barry

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
780 Posts
I have a 2004, and it`s just on always with no display indicting such. Check the rear sensors for dirt or anything else that could block it. Also, the trailer harness if connect incorrectly can mess this up and more stuff such as tail lights. Enjoy your ride. Do you have the N* 4.6 V8 or the 3.6 V6...not that it makes a difference to the parking sensors.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. This car has the V6. Seems to be peppy enough, but maybe on the thirsty side :) Time will tell I guess. Actually the sensors are all perfectly clear. On the DIC display for Park Assist it displays: ON >>>>>> OFF>>>>>> but what ever I do nothing changes. When I drive it displays 'Park Assist is OFF' and when I reverse back to my garage door, no lights come on or anything.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had some minor body work done and the guy had disconnected the trailer harness, and when he reconnected it, he did it wrong (connected it to the rear tail light harness) which made my parking sensors inoperative with no lights on to indicate it was working or sensing the distance to objects in the rear.
The 3.6 is prone to using oil. Check it often and keep to level. Many 3.6 owners have had timing chain issues. Check to see if it has had the chain replaced - GM can tell you. There was a special warranty to cover replacement (I think), so you might want to take advantage of that if you qualify.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some minor body work done and the guy had disconnected the trailer harness, and when he reconnected it, he did it wrong (connected it to the rear tail light harness) which made my parking sensors inoperative with no lights on to indicate it was working or sensing the distance to objects in the rear.
The 3.6 is prone to using oil. Check it often and keep to level. Many 3.6 owners have had timing chain issues. Check to see if it has had the chain replaced - GM can tell you. There was a special warranty to cover replacement (I think), so you might want to take advantage of that if you qualify.
thanks for the info. The timing chain has just be done. I guess it was a tensioner problem but chains were done at the same time.
I will keep a close eye on the oil. It has a Castrol synthetic in now I understand.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m guessing that the spark assist has a fuse. Anyone know it’s location? A thanks in advance

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
272 Posts
The park assist is a pretty simple system. I changed the sensors in the rear bumper cover when the system started to become unreliable and that cleared up my problems. They were available on Rockauto. A little squirt of UC/CC and they look like factory too!

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The park assist is a pretty simple system. I changed the sensors in the rear bumper cover when the system started to become unreliable and that cleared up my problems. They were available on Rockauto. A little squirt of UC/CC and they look like factory too!
I’ve never seen it work so it could bad sensors or blown fuse or whatever.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I found information on the location of this module which Cadillac calls the Rear Parking Assist module. The say it's on the drivers side at the rear of the car and it looks to be about half way up between the floor and the rear side window. They refer to this as the 'right' side. I guess this means that locations are given looking at the car from the front?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Right side according to mechanics is the passenger side. It is designated from 'inside' the car looking out the windshield.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right side according to mechanics is the passenger side. It is designated from 'inside' the car looking out the windshield.
That's what I would have guessed but the service manual shows a picture of the module location with a tail lamp to the left of it. The description says right side rear.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I have never experienced Park Assist working, when I turn on the ignition, should I normally see any lights or anything from the rear indicating that it's alive? The weather hasn't really been suitable for me to troubleshoot it yet but I did read over the troubleshooting tests in the service manual, but It never mentioned what to do when it can't be turned on. It's mainly about identifying faulty sensors, and how to replace them.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
401 Posts
It will light up green/yellow/red as you get closer. I thought If nothing is there, no lights, like backing 10ft or so it just goes out. Mine does.
Have to be in reverse, moving.

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will light up green/yellow/red as you get closer. I thought If nothing is there, no lights, like backing 10ft or so it just goes out. Mine does.
Have to be in reverse, moving.
How about when you first turn on the ignition? Any lights flickering or any test pattern?

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
401 Posts
Not that I noticed, but I am looking at gauges, or just gazing/listening as I fire something up.
I don't back in to obstructed places/garage, pull through in parking lots, so it has not been useful.
Don't really drive it much, I not sure I will ever remember it, or make a habit of using it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
82 Posts
Ok I finally remembered to watch mine closely; also a 2007. I can confirm the park assist lights do NOT light up or flash or anything when you turn tge ignition on, or when you start the engine.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
82 Posts
You can turn the park assist lights on manually with a tech2 tool though. That is IF the module is alive.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ok I finally remembered to watch mine closely; also a 2007. I can confirm the park assist lights do NOT light up or flash or anything when you turn tge ignition on, or when you start the engine.
That is contrary to mine which light up momentarily on start up. If I back up with nothing behind me, the red light goes on and off continuously until I take it out of reverse.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
183 Posts
Since I have never experienced Park Assist working, when I turn on the ignition, should I normally see any lights or anything from the rear indicating that it's alive? The weather hasn't really been suitable for me to troubleshoot it yet but I did read over the troubleshooting tests in the service manual, but It never mentioned what to do when it can't be turned on. It's mainly about identifying faulty sensors, and how to replace them.
If you can't turn it on from dash you might need new sensor. In a 09 cts you turn it on and off from dash/cluster panel.
When you back up you should have a small set of lights maybe 3 inches long,on back by tail gate in my case above back window.
Should be easily visible from rear view mirror. They light up when you put vehicle in reverse, then beep and light up as you get closer to another object. It does not beep when backing up unless something is behind you, but the backup light is on when put into reverse.
I have seen plenty of problems with these most cases its a sensor.
My 09 cts has problems in winter,its probably moisture or salt. It won't let me turn it on from dash control. I can turn car off then back on and it's back working again.
It should automatically come on when working correctly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts