Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2008 Escalade Black on Black fully loaded. I love it and wished I had bought an Escalade sooner. Picked this over a Range Rover Supercharged because it was faster and cheaper!

Couple Questions - How do I turn off the annoying seat belt ding reminder?

The keyfob was not the new 2-way keyfob. It was slightly revised from the 07 and looks nicer, but definitely not a 2-way. Anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new truck. Wear your seatbelts and you will not hear the chime, there is nothing you can turn off, federal law, there was a company selling a unit that plugged into the seatbelt latch to make the computer think they were being used properly, think they were sued out of business.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. I think the key fob with 2 way capability and the lcd screen is a GM accessory that you have to purchase seperately. The updated rectangular fob is standard issue. I am sure someone will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

RLTW

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Leave the seatbelt chimes on dude. For gods sake, it saves your life! Wish my trucks have it!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Congrats on your new aquisition, treasure your life more than you treasure your car, wear the belt , it saves your life and the ones riding with you.
about the Keyfob, which one did you receive the almost oval cheap Fob or the rectangular one with the chrome end ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts