Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. A couple months ago I took my car in to get an oil change/balance and rotate and when I drove out it felt like I was riding in my buddys old 96 civic after he cut the springs. I took it back to the shop and explained what happened and they put it up on the lift. They showed me that my bladders were about to need to be replaced but that wasn't the main issue. What happened (and I've seen this issue on here but can't find "my" fix) is that when the car was lifted the bladders deflated. Once everything was put back together and the car was turned on the air compressor did not turn on to inflate this bladder. He said what he was going to do was "trick" the compressor into filling up the bladder but that it was only a temporary fix.

Whatever he did worked just fine until yesterday when I lifted the rear end to do brakes and rotors and now the compressor won't turn on to inflate that bladder. I checked the fuses and they're fine. Not sure what else to do but ask the question...

Anybody know what the trick was?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,963 Posts
The ELC height sensor(s) use link rod(s) to the lower control arm. One of them may have popped off the ball studs. Common during 4-point hoist lifts.

Here's one of my rear height sensors for illustration (LR). Note the link rod ......

LR height sensor.jog.JPG

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,040 Posts
Title says it all. A couple months ago I took my car in to get an oil change/balance and rotate and when I drove out it felt like I was riding in my buddys old 96 civic after he cut the springs. I took it back to the shop and explained what happened and they put it up on the lift. They showed me that my bladders were about to need to be replaced but that wasn't the main issue. What happened (and I've seen this issue on here but can't find "my" fix) is that when the car was lifted the bladders deflated. Once everything was put back together and the car was turned on the air compressor did not turn on to inflate this bladder. He said what he was going to do was "trick" the compressor into filling up the bladder but that it was only a temporary fix.

Whatever he did worked just fine until yesterday when I lifted the rear end to do brakes and rotors and now the compressor won't turn on to inflate that bladder. I checked the fuses and they're fine. Not sure what else to do but ask the question...

I think you should find a different mechanic. The height adjuster is plainly visible and not expensive to replace.

·
Registered
96 FWB
207 Posts
.... He said what he was going to do was "trick" the compressor into filling up the bladder but that it was only a temporary fix.
Whatever he did worked just fine until yesterday when I lifted the rear end to do brakes and rotors and now the compressor won't turn on to inflate that bladder.

When I first read this I thought that mech. was real smart to know some kind of screwdriver hack with a relay or jumping the compressor. But yah, that fix sounded really "temporary". I'm wondering now if he simply sat on the trunk the 1/2 minute+/- that it takes the timer to set after sensing suspension drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts