Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The RF on the Eldawg has been squeaking a bit lately, so I thought I'd better bite the bullet and replace 'em. So far as I know, they're the same one's that rolled out of Lansing six years ago..81K miles...

Jack'ed 'er up, put stands under, popped off the wheel, loosened the top and bottom caliper bolts, pulled the caliper off, snapped out the old pads (see pics..) and retainer clips, popped in a new set of Bendix CT3 ceramics ($74.53 the set from Advance Auto), tightened everything back and and she's good to go...or, rather, STOP...

It's probably not good to let your pads go as long as mine - as you can see, the inner pads damn near crumbled apart in my fingers...

Tools : Lug wrench, screwdriver, 15MM ratchet for the caliper bolts, C-Clamp to set the piston back, rag to clean the hands.

I didn't drain any fluid or bleed the system - just pushed the caliper back slowly and let the Master Cylinder vent it out. That way, I ran no risk of getting air in the system.

Time: 45 minutes

Easy DIY for any Caddy owner.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,104 Posts
:confused: JH....Are your new pads grooved for wear indicators, or are wear indicator sensors specific to some '99-'04 Cads and not others?

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's a good question - on the new ones, the outboard pads have the little prong on them that will contact the rotors when they're down to about 1/8" inch or so. I didn't see any evidence of them on the old pads.

The Bendix is supposed to be an OEM replacement pad - I wanted ceramics to cut down on dust, and Advance only had two brands, one of which was out of stock anyway.

I'm not hard on brakes per se, and don't make a habit of panic stops, so quietness and cleanliness were my top priorities.

We had a problem with the pics from first post, so here they are:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts