Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS;05 DTS;03 STS;96 Fleetwood;95 Deville
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! I just bought an '81 Fleetwood with the 386cu in V864 fuel injected engine. It runs quite well, but I suspect that someone has disabled the 4 and 6 cylinder modes as the MPG Sentinel readout displays "8 cyls" constantly under all driving conditions.

I saw a thread in another posting which mentioned a connector at the transmission, but since I do not YET have an '81 service manual to look at, I wonder if someone would be kind enough to give me more specific directions to locating the connector?

While this engine is not overpowering (like a 300HP STS) it is definitely an improvement over my HT4100 powered '85 Eldo!

Thanks!
Doug

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
if memory serves, its an orange wire, drivers side just above the trans pan. receives a signal once trans is in 3rd gear from a switch inside the trans. used to cut the orange wire install a on/off switch in line and install the switch at the dash. could then switch to 4 cyl. mode on freeway light load. switch back to 8 cyl when power was necc.

·
Registered
06 STS;05 DTS;03 STS;96 Fleetwood;95 Deville
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I'll try jacking it up and looking for the wire connector!! Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts