Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 2006 SRX's for my wife. There are some good deals on ebay, but I am having trouble telling whether those models have the MRC.

Is there some visual cue?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,724 Posts
There are no visual clues at all - sorry.

Also, my 2 cents: MRC really makes a big difference in this particular vehicle. So, I think you are wise for looking for it. If an SRX has MRC, it would probably be noted on ebay, as it is approx. a $1600.00 option - almost as much as ultraview (approx. 1800) and Navigation (approx. 1900).

Todd

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Could someone who's driving an SRX with and without MRC comment on the differences in ride and handling?

·
Registered
04 SRX V8
88 Posts
I drove an MRC and non-MRC SRX before I bought. I think there is a huge difference with MRC. You can really notice MRC in a high speed corner, MRC will flatten out the car. Without MRC there is a lot more body roll.
I wouldn't buy an SRX without MRC, but I was coming from a 3 series BMW, and was looking for more of that kind of ride.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Around here, I can't remember seeing any V6 units with MRC and only 1 or 2 V8 units with it.

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
I also agree that MRC makes the vehicle. I think that you can give a dealer the VIN and he can tell you what all the options are.

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
Visual clue: raise the hood and look for wires to-from the front struts/ shocks; no wires = no MRC !!

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,724 Posts
c5rv - you are in Lansing, right (Capitol Cadillac)? You are welcome to try out my MRC, though it does have V-8 and AWD (I had to order it). I also drove a v-8 awd without MRC right after I got mine and it makes a huge difference in smoothness.

Todd (East Lansing)

·
Registered
3 Posts
MRC is also an important option to me, but if the vehicle is just right with everything but MRC we might just jump on it. If there is no MRC equipped how about using an Eibach Spring Pro-Kit to lower the stance a bit & greatly improve handling?

<--- also coming from BMW 3/M3, so we are looking for tighter handling/ride.

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
For us, what MRC provides most is giving a nice smooth ride regardless of the pavement it's on. Without MRC (the loaner I drove didn't have it), it felt like I was driving a rear live axle truck . . . . with, Lexus-smooth.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
miked said:
For us, what MRC provides most is giving a nice smooth ride regardless of the pavement it's on. Without MRC (the loaner I drove didn't have it), it felt like I was driving a rear live axle truck . . . . with, Lexus-smooth.
you mean smooth like a cadillac right?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I agree. The handling improvement is welcome, but the ride is as good as it gets in an AWD Pseudo SUV. That is why I insisted on it. So, the performance springs would help handling, but not the ride. I did not buy my SRX for performance reasons. That is why I have my highly impractical 300ZX Twin Turbo 2-seater. However, since I drive the SRX 99% of the time, the ride was paramount in my decison making process.

I do disagree though that without MRC the vehicle rides poorly. I would say adequate without, superb with. Either way, better than my Tahoe with Autoride in every way.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
TSS said:
c5rv - you are in Lansing, right (Capitol Cadillac)? You are welcome to try out my MRC, though it does have V-8 and AWD (I had to order it). I also drove a v-8 awd without MRC right after I got mine and it makes a huge difference in smoothness.

Todd (East Lansing)
You're on! I'll buy you lunch at Sparty's.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
c5 rv - I tried to PM you, but I don't have enough posts to qualify (I have only had my SRX for about a month - and, I never felt strongly enough about my wife's SLS to join a forum).

If you want, PM me with your email and I would be happy to let you take it for a spin.

Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts