Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi . what do i to disable the annoying drls on 1996sed. deville...and how do i turn the drls back on. thanks for any feedback. Dm

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I remember that one of my dads GM friends said that, on the late 90s tahoes, you could just slightly press on the Ebrake..... Just a smidge, not enough to engage it or make the light come on, but it worked like a dream to turn off the DRL......

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
There should be a fuse in the fuse box that you can remove and the lights are off.

*nevermind I just now saw what Katshot wrote.

·
Registered
397 Posts
elwesso said:
I remember that one of my dads GM friends said that, on the late 90s tahoes, you could just slightly press on the Ebrake..... Just a smidge, not enough to engage it or make the light come on, but it worked like a dream to turn off the DRL......
lol I did that in the drive in! Just pressed the ebrake down lightly and ti shuts off the DRL's! Good ol GMC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys Guys don't wonder off my subject... what i need is not you to tell me how to kill the fuse, there is no such thing as the DRL fuse on Sedan Deville 96.

I need the computer codes and menus. Does any 1 know the cut off code for the DRLs?

Somebody that knows what they are talking about please reply :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
llac96deville said:
hi . what do i to disable the annoying drls on 1996sed. deville...and how do i turn the drls back on. thanks for any feedback. Dm
This implys that you want to know how to turn on/off the DRLs........

Now I dont know what you were thinking (or if) on your first post..... IE you accidentally posted something you didnt mean to.... I believe we answered your question perfect for what you asked.....

Question..... Why would you want to disable the DRLs if there arent any..... Or do you want to have the OBD command to ENABLE the lights.....

I am really confused by what you are asking..... :bonkers: :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OBD command to ENABLE and Disable DRLs

i know there is 1. just as there is one to disable automatic doorlocks
thanks

Ps where is that fuse located? cause its not in the main underhood fuse box... is labled are u sure its labeled - DRL fuse?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
llac96deville said:
OBD command to ENABLE and Disable DRLs

i know there is 1. just as there is one to disable automatic doorlocks
thanks

Ps where is that fuse located? cause its not in the main underhood fuse box... is labled are u sure its labeled - DRL fuse?
I'm guessing you're talking about the IPC override options. Unfortunately, there is NOT one for the DRL system. I would suggest you check your owner's manual, maybe there's something in there about it. As for the DRL fuse position, check the attached picture. The top left fuse is the DRL fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Katshot