Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The typical AND does not work.... looking for seat AND belt and get thes same response with seat belt. Trying to find out how to get the dang rear seat belt out of the trunk area under the window.... Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not wanting to remove it. I am just wanting it to come out... It is stuck. This is the belt above the headrest. I can pull as hard as I want to and it does not budge. I am just trying to buckle up my fiance in the center seat...

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I understood that you are not trying to replace anything - my hope was that the PDF would show you how to get to the hardware. Here is another PDF. Basically, removing the lower rear seat exposes the lower hardware. Removing the rear seat back will get you to the retracting hardware. The rear seat bottom comes out first.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Darkman is the PDF KING :bows:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
looks like you're covered..

this forum's search engine isn't very friendly. I use a couple of google search tools someone posted on maxima.org.., just replaced the maxima site with cf info.

this one has a popup window for as many search terms as you'd like. Paste this link in your address bar and save as a favorite.

javascript:{function msrch(){var t=prompt("What search terms?");if(!t){return;};var p;while(t!=p){p=t;t=t.replace(/\s\s/g," ");};t=t.replace(/^\s/,"").replace(/\s$/,"");if(!t.length){return;};var ttl=confirm("OK for full text, Cancel for title-only:");var m1="site: cadillacforums.com";var m2="inurl:cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004";if(!ttl){if(t[0]!='"'){t="intitle:" + t.replace(/ /g," intitle:")}else{t="intitle:"+t};};var m=m1+" "+m2+" "+t;location.href="http://google.com/search?q="+escape(m)};msrch()};

you can paste this one in the address bar and add your search terms between inurl: and & separated by a space, or modify in msword and then paste in address bar. Not as easy to use as the other but I like it. take away the extra h in http and the space between co m first.

hhttp://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=site:cadillacforums.com +inurl:&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I have yet to ever find a search tool that actually works. Not that the search tools are at fault. But garbage in, garbage out.

Besides, if you only search for two words, seat and belt, for example, you are going to get tons of threads that all contain the words seat and belt. And 99% of them are going to have nothing to do with seat belts. For an effective search, you really need 4 or more words. The more words, the more refined your search will be.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I have yet to ever find a search tool that actually works. Not that the search tools are at fault. But garbage in, garbage out.

Besides, if you only search for two words, seat and belt, for example, you are going to get tons of threads that all contain the words seat and belt. And 99% of them are going to have nothing to do with seat belts. For an effective search, you really need 4 or more words. The more words, the more refined your search will be.
Well you are a Moderator, and the name of the thread is "multiple" not just "two." So what is the answer? How do we specify two or more words in a search here?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
The version of vbulletin we are currently running does not have as comprehensive of a search function as some of the newer versions I have seen on other forums (or perhaps they have upgraded search tools?)

I am not sure if this search tool uses operators like AND or OR. I think it sees those as search words. In some search tools you have to use the + character. Sometimes you can also use quotes to search for a string of words.

I honestly do not know the mechanics of vbulletin's search routine. I do know Sal is planning an upgrade soon, and hopefully that will include a better search engine.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The version of vbulletin we are currently running does not have as comprehensive of a search function as some of the newer versions I have seen on other forums (or perhaps they have upgraded search tools?)

I am not sure if this search tool uses operators like AND or OR. I think it sees those as search words. In some search tools you have to use the + character. Sometimes you can also use quotes to search for a string of words.

I honestly do not know the mechanics of vbulletin's search routine. I do know Sal is planning an upgrade soon, and hopefully that will include a better search engine.
Well, if you don't know, you don't know. Now I don't feel so bad about not knowing either.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

Ok, time for the dumb question of the day :confused:
I always thought more words gave you way more threads.
If you search "seat belt stuck". You get ALL the threads with seat, ALL the threads with belt and ALL the threads with stuck. But what your saying is, we'll just get the threads with all three words in it?

Did that make sense :bang2:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Ok, time for the dumb question of the day :confused:
I always thought more words gave you way more threads.
If you search "seat belt stuck". You get ALL the threads with seat, ALL the threads with belt and ALL the threads with stuck. But what your saying is, we'll just get the threads with all three words in it?

Did that make sense :bang2:

You are right. I did not think about that.

In a classic boolean search, seat belt stuck should give you all threads as you state above. seat+belt+stuck should only give you threads that contain all three words. "seat belt stuck" (with the quotes) should only give you threads that contain that exact string of three words.

Clearly, vbulletin's seach tool does not follow the boolean standard.

BTW, just because I am a moderator does not mean I know any more about this forum than you guys. I am just a dunce who can delete posts :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
The search engine seems to be touchy, too. Enter incorrectly at first, and you need to exit and come back later...

And once you enter it incorrectly, you get to stare at your watch for the next 30 seconds until you can search again :rant2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts