Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a steering wheel from a luxury model CTS (wood on top). Does anyone have any instructions on how to replace the wheel?

I did this on another car with an air bag and the only thing that seemed to be the “most important” was disconnect the battery.

Is this the same with the CTS? Or am I missing the “most important” step in this project? :hmm:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CraigFLCTS said:
I recently purchased a steering wheel from a luxury model CTS (wood on top). Does anyone have any instructions on how to replace the wheel?
I did this on another car with an air bag and the only thing that seemed to be the “most important” was disconnect the battery.
Is this the same with the CTS? Or am I missing the “most important” step in this project? :hmm:
I can fax the instructions from the Service Manual. I'd need your Fax number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it! 2 Pages. Thanks!

Looking at these instructions, does this mean the airbag pops off or is there something that holds it in place?

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
I did this swap. There are three pins that hold the airbag in place, I used a couple screwdrivers to get at the pins.

I also removed the Airbag fuse from the rear fusebox (I think it's pass side under the rear seat)

I won't lie, was scared the entire time, I didn't want that thing cracking me in the face...

Here is the thread in which I did the swap. Pictures are near the bottom of the page.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45118&highlight=Wood+Grain

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You gus are awesome! Both the fax and the pictures make it all too clear.

I will let you know how the install goes when I get the wheel on Tuesday!!

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Don't be scared, Bob showed me the same picture when I swapped my wood grain wheel in ;)
Yep and you were scared asakas.:D

There's been a recall on the air bags as some deploy themselves on start up. That will really bolster your confidence!!:yup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL. Thanks, I will have my best friend help me.. LOL. I paid $39.99 plus $15.00 shipping. I think I got lucky over the Christmas Holiday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts