Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side DVD screen works fine. Passenger side is just a black screen (no audio and video from the dvd, just OSD text when you change source)

The screen works as I connect it to the Drivers side cables and everything is as it should be. After some research I found that the DVD Module which is supposedly under the center console, either has a loose wire or needs replacing.

I think this is the part: https://www.gmcarpartsonline.com/a/53621848__5989673/ENTERTAINMENT-SYSTEM-COMPONENTS-WPLATINUM-EDITION/GE08158.html

What I need to know is how to remove the center console completely so I can get to it? I've removed everything I can but now i'm stuck and not even sure i'm in the right place or looking at the right things.

Here's a pic with everything stripped so far.

I'm not sure what these two modules are hidden under the plastic base. One seems to be the amp and the other the headrest control module. Can someone verify this for me please?

There seems to be two more screws on each side but the seat is blocking them. Surely you don't have to take the seats out to get to this? I've marked them with green arrows.

Also, when buying an replacement module, will it still show the Escalade Platinum Logo on the screens when they power up?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, I had to replace the headrest DVD.
As far as the logo I have a old logo on the left and the new logo on the right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts