Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out how to access the backup light bulbs. Can't get to them from inside the trunk.

I can locate the front turn signal bulbs, but not the small parking light bulbs.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I will have to check my car when I get a chance to head over to my Mom's house. I have replaced one of my reverse lights but can't remember how I did it. I will have an answer for you tomorrow.

For the front lights you have to remove the whole housing from the car. Lay on the ground and look up at the front bumper and you will see what needs to be done. There are a few hex screws that must come out and then the whole lamp assembly just comes out the front rather easily.

·
Registered
'87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL
879 Posts
The lamp-sockets for the back-up liights are accessible from underneath the car.....

·
Registered
879 Posts
I will have to check my car when I get a chance to head over to my Mom's house. I have replaced one of my reverse lights but can't remember how I did it. I will have an answer for you tomorrow.

For the front lights you have to remove the whole housing from the car. Lay on the ground and look up at the front bumper and you will see what needs to be done. There are a few hex screws that must come out and then the whole lamp assembly just comes out the front rather easily.
To change the headlight bulbs?? I just reached up from under the car and removed the sockets.....seemed easier to me, but......

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
To change the headlight bulbs?? I just reached up from under the car and removed the sockets.....seemed easier to me, but......
No, the front turn signals, that is what he is asking about.

·
Registered
879 Posts
OK. The parking/turn-signal bulbs are both in the assembly. A couple of T-15 Torx screws to remove the assembly as I recall

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Now I remember about the reverse lights. Remove the license plate and there are two screws behind it that allow you to very easily remove the reverse lights.

·
Registered
1984 Coupe
2 Posts
When you open the trunk lid there are 2 screws that hold the chrome facings on the reverse lights,remove the screws and the facings will come off,then pull the lights out to change bulbs.

Thread dead for 7 years ??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts