Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My middle front speaker sounds like Al Jolson on a 78 rpm Victorola . . . kinda scratchy.

How do I remove the dash to replace the speaker? Anyone know what size speaker it is?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,137 Posts
:rolleyes: Carefully !!!!!....seriously, for this one you should EBay or OEM a real shop manual. There's a lot of disassembly required. I think you'll have to install an OEM speaker too, due to impedance and cutout sizes.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Remove the four vents by using flat tools (small screwdrivers, butter knives, putty knives, etc) above and below the vent and pull them straight out. There is one screw in each vent hole that needs to come out. Remove the A-piller covers by pulling them off with your hands. Push the dashpad upwards right above the instrument panel (there are five or six clips that need to be disengaged). Disconnect wiring, and remove from the dash. The speaker will be in view. The center speaker is a center channel speaker (receives signal from both right and left channels), and like 2" in diameter. I do not know if an aftermarket one will work. You may need an OEM one.

Don

·
Registered
2001 STS
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It sounds strightforward. I think I'll go get the speaker before I start so I can get it all done in a one eveing project.

Then I think I am going to put a For Sale sign in the window. The rough roads here in Navajo Land are beating the snot out of this beautiful car and I feel guilty about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts