Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 STS | 2013 ATS 2.0T | 2015 SRX
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have anoying ratling comes from speaker i guess.
Firstly I would like to remove that cover and check that place.
I don't really want to remove door panel to locate where the sounds comes from as is only appear on rough roads with radio off.... but it is and I want to get rid off it.

The glass has been replaced and I guess somebody break clips ...

Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Had the same thing with my car when I bought it. I can only assume in its previous life that the passenger door glass was broken and replaced in what was probably the last resort method to gain entry without a fob. The rattle came from parts for the door opening mechanism that were broken off in what was probably the first attempts to open the door without breaking the glass. All the broken pieces fell into the bottom of the door so the panel had to come off. There is a thread on here somewhere that I created to replace the door micro switches that includes removal of the panel. I then used a vacuum to remove all the glass and I think I used a magnet to get the large counter weight that was broken off, and the culprit of the loud rattle.

If anyone should ever have to result to window breakage to gain entry I'd suggest to break the rear door little window. The door lock knob can be easily lifted to unlock the rear door and it's probably cheaper to replace.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,404 Posts
The side mirror adjusters on mine vibrates/rattles when I'm playing my music. Hope you find a fix for yours

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Hi,

I have anoying ratling comes from speaker i guess.
Firstly I would like to remove that cover and check that place.
I don't really want to remove door panel to locate where the sounds comes from as is only appear on rough roads with radio off.... but it is and I want to get rid off it.

The glass has been replaced and I guess somebody break clips ...

Thanks
You have to remove the panel.

----------

By the way Ddadler had rattles on his door from the speaker grille itself. If you pm me your email I'll send you what he did with pictures.

I personally didn't have rattles from the speaker grille.

----------

The side mirror adjusters on mine vibrates/rattles when I'm playing my music. Hope you find a fix for yours
I had this very problem. Not on my sts, not on my first V, but for whatever reason, only on my second. I found a fix that seems messy but really isn't and has stood the test of time. I'll explain it but if you want a picture pm me your email or phone number and I'll send it.

If you're like me the 4 way control pad for up down left right adjustment was not in secure. You can wobble it. Feels like an old Nintendo 64 controller with a wobbly joystick. The idea is to stuff something soft around the edges of the pad, and out of sight. I had the felt with adhesive that you would stick to the bottom of your furniture to prevent it from scratching the floor. I bought it from Home Depot. It was brown. I shaved off small layers of it and using a sharp blade, tucked the stuff down around the pad. You'll be surprised how much can get in there. You have to shave it small so it can fit but a lot will end up fitting. You'll play with it and you'll get it. Eventually you'll see that you can no longer do the n64 joystick wiggle anymore and that'll be the end of that. It's been months and I haven't had an issue as a result of this.

There were much more things causing rattles in general, but this was a big one for sure.

·
Registered
2009 STS | 2013 ATS 2.0T | 2015 SRX
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is definitelly comes from speaker zone.

If I press a bit on the grill the rattling gone.

The glass has been removed because there is no GM logo like all another has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts